• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

16 hours ago, Redondo said:

Orange is The New Black season 5 is out. Just watched the first 3 episodes and I have to wonder if they changed writers? It's very slow moving and not as good as before. Anyone else with some input?

I'm watching it too. It does get better but overall the writing isn't as good. I'm not through the whole season yet, but I'm interested enough to finish it. I wasn't sure I would after the first few episodes.

16 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I'm watching it too. It does get better but overall the writing isn't as good. I'm not through the whole season yet, but I'm interested enough to finish it. I wasn't sure I would after the first few episodes.

That show was set up for a nice two season run. Stopped halfway through season 2. Lost interest

12 minutes ago, Adam said:

That show was set up for a nice two season run. Stopped halfway through season 2. Lost interest

yep...saw the announcement for Season 5 recently....realized we hadn't bothered to watch the rest of Season 2 yet. Wasn't she given a one year sentence originally?

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

yep...saw the announcement for Season 5 recently....realized we hadn't bothered to watch the rest of Season 2 yet. Wasn't she given a one year sentence originally?

I believe so.

Once I realized they were going to set it up to go indefinitely I quit. I didn't think it was great anyway. The first season couldn't decide if it was a drama or a comedy and the acting was pretty awful. 

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

Yep, and she mentioned in a recent episode that she "only has a couple of months left"

20 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Watch #8 and tell me how much sense it makes to you..

f*ck. that was awesome.

man episode 7 and 8 have been fantastic!

the season started a bit slow but holy sh*t they are in a groove now. so many layers and deeply intertwined.

the bowling alley scene was just flawless. curious how it plays out, with that kind of godlike/story teller character. that is the same dude the chick cop met back in california (on the plane, and at the bar). 

and this season has tons of little coen brothers references. i love it. this is what television is all about. 

Raining in Gainesville...turn on MLB tv early thinking might be some pre-draft coverage

in 5 minutes Kevin Millar has talked about serving dirty cake to his kids, asked for a inflatable doughnut to sit on and threatened to drop his pants to show his bruised ass.

holy shit someone should turn off his microphone (and punch him in the nuts for good measure)

2 hours ago, red321 said:

Raining in Gainesville...turn on MLB tv early thinking might be some pre-draft coverage

in 5 minutes Kevin Millar has talked about serving dirty cake to his kids, asked for a inflatable doughnut to sit on and threatened to drop his pants to show his bruised ass.

holy shit someone should turn off his microphone (and punch him in the nuts for good measure)

i've tried but can't do it.

it's like a show of rex hudler/stephen a. smith

Wonder Woman

Felt like a half hour could've been edited out pretty easily.

It was nice to have characters that seemed almost sentient rather than cardboard cutouts like with Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.

Last 20 minutes were worth the price of admission. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

4 episodes into Deadwood, and they killed Wild Bill already???

I just finished the series.  I was curious about that also, and historically, looks like he did die in Deadwood.  There is an even briefer historical cameo in season 3. 

5 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Fargo coming down to final episode. Started a bit slow but man it hit a fantastic groove about half way through.

The last episode tied it a little more..

Spoiler

My guess is that old broad who was looking to buy the company had something to do with all of this.. 

But why was the episode only 35 mins long???

I feel cheated!