• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Why the Angels will have a top 5 offense (by the numbers)

ZIP is almost never close with its predictions so I do not know why people even consider them.

doesn't matter wgat projection system you use, they all have us scoring considerably less.

Doch's version is optimistic and possible, but very unlikely imo

Top five in runs in MLB?

Looking like a very safe bet that charity wont be getting any.

anyone remember that year we (the team) were going to donate to navidad in el barrio (i only remember becauae of the amount of times i heard phys say it) everytime someone went yard? And we had vlad and maybe rivera who could, then a bunch of maicers and OCs.

I doubt Doch believes an ounce of what he wrote. He's too smart for that. It sounds like chuck came to him and asked him to put a positive spin on the team.

The Angels ranked 20th in runs scored last year. This offense has a better chance of ranking lower than they do of being in the top 5.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

The same common sense that told you we'd suck in 2014 and be under .500 last year? We have a better team offensively this year than last. We have a better bench this year than last. Last year we had the worst left field stats in the game. Last year Iannetta had a truly awful year. Last year when Gia went down we replaced him with Featherston. Also, while I like Cowart, he wasn't the same bat as Freese.

The same common sense that told you we'd suck in 2014 and be under .500 last year? We have a better team offensively this year than last. We have a better bench this year than last. Last year we had the worst left field stats in the game. Last year Iannetta had a truly awful year. Last year when Gia went down we replaced him with Featherston. Also, while I like Cowart, he wasn't the same bat as Freese.

common sense tells me we will probably have another player who will have a truly awful down year. common sense tells me we were lucky to avoid any significant injuries last year. Common sense tells me we have significantly less depth than we did last year.

You don't seem to be using much common sense.

Edit: I'm just bullshitting. Please don't take offense to what I'm saying.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

We have less offensive depth than last year? Ok so you don't understand baseball or you truly are just one of those guys that sees just the shitty.

In March 16 2015, we had more depth. It's easy to come to a conclusion after the result, but going into the season, we had significantly more depth.

For example, Andrew Heaney wasn't even on the mlb roster at the time. He's now our number 2 starter this year.

Do we have another Andrew Heaney to step in if someone goes down? 

Edit: I know you said offensive depth, I was just using an example of what I think roster depth is.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

Cowgill was our fourth outfielder, Featherston was our utility infielder, Butera was our back up catcher. I watched just about every game. And I can't remember who our other guy on the bench was to start the season, that probably means they weren't all that good.

In March 16 2015, we had more depth. It's easy come to a conclusion after the result, but going into the season, we had significantly more depth.

For example, Andrew Heaney wasn't even on the mlb roster at the time. He's now our number 2 starter this year.

Dude this thread is about offense, not about Heaney.

Cowgill was our fourth outfielder, Featherston was our utility infielder, Butera was our back up catcher. I watched just about every game. And I can't remember who our other guy on the bench was to start the season, that probably means they weren't all that good.

And you think Cliff Pennington, Kaleb Cowart, Kyle Kubitza and Craig Gentry are any better?

Seriously?

common sense tells me we will probably have another player who will have a truly awful down year. common sense tells me we were lucky to avoid any significant injuries last year. Common sense tells me we have significantly less depth than we did last year.

You don't seem to be using much common sense.

Edit: I'm just bullshitting. Please don't take offense to what I'm saying.

Yeah. Remember 2014? If the team had allowed the likes of Ibanez, Boesch, conger, McDonald, and Ian Stewart to rack up 650 PA's could they still have lead the league in runs?

In March 16 2015, we had more depth. It's easy to come to a conclusion after the result, but going into the season, we had significantly more depth.

Edit: I know you said offensive depth, I was just using an example of what I think roster depth is.

LOL..   So your response to offensive depth is to talk about pitching and your central argument is about common sense.    You're a rascal!.

I doubt Doch believes an ounce of what he wrote. He's too smart for that. It sounds like chuck came to him and asked him to put a positive spin on the team.

The Angels ranked 20th in runs scored last year. This offense has a better chance of ranking lower than they do of being in the top 5.

LOL that you think I asked Doc to write this. He posted it on the board himself, I liked it so I promoted it to the blog.

LOL..   So your response to offensive depth is to talk about pitching and your central argument is about common sense.    You're a rascal!.

You got me. I lost it all when I mentioned Heaney.  :(

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks