• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Tonight Show with Jimmy Faillon

i'll be surprised if he lasts a year.

who would you have warming up to replace him? any chance of getting conan back are probably non-existant, but outside of him, i'm not really sure who else you would consider.

Ironically, I think Seth Meyers was a better fit to replace Leno. 

Ironically, I think Seth Meyers was a better fit to replace Leno.

How bout we go in a completely different direction and just have Tina Fey take over. She is witty and smart and likable enough. If not, then I agree with you that Seth Myers would be a good choice.

Tina Fey would be great, but I doubt she would do it since she still has a movie career.

The thing about Leno was he was safe. Not a lot of comedic risks being taken so Middle America pretty much knew what they would get night in night out . How many years did he do Headlines? 22?

Because of that, and the fact she already works at NBC, I would bet Ellen is on the radar if Fallon fails.

How bout we go in a completely different direction and just have Tina Fey take over. She is witty and smart and likable enough. If not, then I agree with you that Seth Myers would be a good choice.

Carson was thinking Joan Rivers would be his replacement at some point, the network could only see her as a guest host. Later he was supportive of Letterman getting the gig and the network decided he was too much and went with Leno. In both cases I think Carson had a better feel for what works.

Carson was thinking Joan Rivers would be his replacement at some point, the network could only see her as a guest host. Later he was supportive of Letterman getting the gig and the network decided he was too much and went with Leno. In both cases I think Carson had a better feel for what works.

i forget what happened, but joan rivers did something that pissed off nbc execs and they could never forgive & forget with her. they even stopped letting her be the guest host after a while.

i'm glad she never got the gig. a little of her went a long, LONG way.

Johnny Carson was simply the best. He was hilarious when his jokes were working and just as funny when they weren't working. Leno screwed Conan hard. Leno had lost his edge way before he left the first time. I haven't watched a single episode since he returned. Conan, jimmy and jimmy can all be funny. But I haven't really watched late night talk for years. Hell there was a time when Sportscenter was the funniest show after 10pm.

Fallon's biggest downsides in my opinion: 

1. over the top, constant giggling at things that aren't funny

2. conflicting body language.  He looks nervous or serious while trying to be funny. 

3. no natural humor, everything is manufactured. 

4. catering to a specific demographic group and making the show relevant to their lives

In terms of the last one it drives me crazy how often he mentions Twitter, Facebook, hashtags, etc on the show.  I watch television to escape from everyday life and get something else on my mind.  Fallon and NBC seem to think there's a shortage of social media in our lives.  I think that's why Leno never lost appeal...he kept his format and the various segments unique.  Jaywalking and Headlines were cool because he used other people's ineptitude to make us laugh. 

I don't watch late night tv shows for hard hitting interviews. I watch them to be entertained. Fallon is the most entertaining host on Late Night TV.

As for Leno, watching a show of his was like watching Groundhog Day. Only without Bill Murray and none of the jokes were funny.

Fallon has no guests or segments geared for anyone over age 40. I can't see how he can keep the 11 30 audience with that approach.

Fallon seems set up to fail. 

I don't think he has the skill set to capture Leno's audience even if he changed his ways.  Oh well, NBC is circling the drain anyway. 

The average age of Leno's audience was 58. Conan couldn't keep them and I doubt Fallon will either.

NBC has to know this and is hoping to get a younger audience for the Tonight Show. Problem is the younger audience already have shows they watch at that time and Fallon will lose some of his Late Night audience to Conan, The Daily Show/Colbert Report and Kimmel.