• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Tonight Show with Jimmy Faillon

i like leno's monologue, and the schtick after the monologue before the first guest comes out is also entertaining. as an interviewer, he started off extremely poor and often looked like he was in above his head. he's calmed down and matured over the years to where he conducts a decent interview now, but nothing that really is insightful or different. having said that, i like that he frequently finds someone's first commercial or acting gig and shows the clip.

conan's stand up is good, though he tends to wander all over due to his ADHD. his skits are terrific and i like his interviews. his helter skelter mannerisms seem to work most of the time.

kimmel is smooth, his stand up is excellent, and his sketch's work very well. as an interviewer, i think he's the best of the group. i started watching him a few months ago and have enjoyed what he does. i'll be watching him at 11:35, if and when i watch.

fallon's stand up routine is hard to watch, mostly because he isn't funny and so much of it is forced. it's been so poor that i haven't ever stuck around for what he does after that. i have no idea what kind of interviewer he is. i'll probably watch an episode or two of the tonight show just to see if he can change my mind, but i don't expect that he will. i think he's a terrible choice to replace Leno. 

Fallon sucks. He laughs too much during his interviews rather than making interesting conversation. By far the worst interviewer out of the late night talk show guys. I will say though that some of the games they played after the interviews are funny.

That's one of my main problems with the guy.  He giggles like a little girl throughout the show. 

Fallon's show was really rough at first. His monologues aren't that great because he laughs through it and same with the interviews. But where he lacks in that he makes up with his audience participation and skits. He's the only talk show host that plays games with the guests. Not to mention his singing skits with the artists are great. His supporting cast also solid. Steve Higgins is really funny and the Roots is the best band on night TV. As long as Leno doesn't scare people away from a 10pm show, he'll be fine. But with all that being said, Jimmy Kimmel is my favorite. I'm a fan of sarcastic humor. Still miss Uncle Frank.

Here is a great skit with Fallon and Timberlake:

Anybody else thinking that Jimmy Faillon will totally destroy the Tonight Show when Jay Leno retires?

He really sucks in my opinion. 

I have never been impressed with Jimmy Fallon, and I don't find him funny. Johnny Carson set a very high standard, one that hasn't been reached since, IMO. I find Jay Leno mildly amusing (I have seen him do standup, and he is better at that than he is at the talk show business). I see the whole thing going in the tank with Jimmy Fallon, and I don't know who NBC has to turn to once that happens.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I think Seth Meyers is a better choice to replace Jay Leno.  The fake news skits he does on SNL work better with Jay Leno's audience because that's what Jay does so well.  Fallon, on the other hand, sucks at poking fun at current events or politicians.

It's ironic that NBC has picked Seth Meyers to replace Fallon in the later time slot.  Or not.  He might be their backup plan. 

Fallon is unwatchable.  He's better suited warming up cover bands on cruise ships.  It's uncomfortable watching him pat himself on the back with each skit and 'punchline.'

He was extremely self-centered on SNL and chewed up the other cast members in any skit he was in, laughing hysterically at his lines as he broke character, purposefully over-shadowing his fellow cast members. 

Fallon's also got that thing where he wants to be what he supposedly is joking about.  Call it the Ben Stiller/Zoolander syndrome:  The sell with Stiller was that he was being funny when he was 'mocking' male models.  But really, he wanted us to see him as a male model.

Fallon really wants to be whomever he's playing guitar with or singing with.  It's very disturbing.

And finally, one word:  "Taxi." 

Conan's show isn't as bold as it used to be, but he's a pretty sincere dude. Craig Ferguson's show is my least favorite. He seems like a nice guy but he doesn't have a lot to say and his show is pretty dull.

Also, Carson was terrible.

I just want to make sure you're not talking about Johnny Carson being terrible. You obviously mean Carson Daly, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Leno is finished, anyone want to make bets on how long Jimmy Fallon survives before getting canned?

I'm thinking 6 to 8 months

I was thinking about this earlier when I was thinking of Leno's net worth.

Dude simply talks to people.

Who in the world gets canned in 6 to 8 months for talking to people with a group of writers that write the show?

I get it if people don't like Fallon for whatever reason, but let's be realistic here.

I find Jimmy Fallon endearing in some weird way. Conan was my favorite in the 90s due to his musical guests (Pavement, Breeders, etc.) and his somewhat vulgar skits, but his show isn't as bold as it used to be. I haven't watched Leno regularly in years, but I've always liked his comedy segments and interview style as he seems to be genuinely interested in what guests have to say.

Now that Leno is finished, anyone want to make bets on how long Jimmy Fallon survives before getting canned?

I'm thinking 6 to 8 months

i'll be surprised if he lasts a year.

who would you have warming up to replace him? any chance of getting conan back are probably non-existant, but outside of him, i'm not really sure who else you would consider.