• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OCR layoffs

nate

This is going to sound bad but by the quality of the reporting, I assumed those people were canned years ago.  There's very little news being offered by the OC Register anymore.  Most of the articles are magazine-type articles, stuff about food, sunflowers, hiking, high school sports, regurgitated press releases, or stuff from areas outside Orange County -- lifted from the AP or other newspapers under the same ownership. 

I used to send them tips about police and fire activity in the area and you'd be amazed how my information was printed -- almost word for word -- making it obvious they didn't follow up on my tip, or attempt to write their own story.  All they did was change the grammar a little bit. 

I cancelled my sub over 2 years ago ONLY because I moved out of the county (was getting a discount as a long-time subscriber :P). I liked Marla Jo's kid stories (2 adopted). I have since moved back and only picked up a Sunday paper a few times.  Seems it takes 3 peeps to author a local news story which I found strange. And as with any newspaper, you get the reprints from the AP...

:( for the long-timers