• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Kelly Thomas Trial verdict...

henry

"The D.A.’s report concluded that McGee was “forced to make a split-second decision to take action based on a rapidly evolving situation.” Based on the circumstances, McGee was justified in ramming the truck and shooting at Perdue, it said."

If this is all it takes for a cop to be justified in shooting at innocent civilians then we're in serious trouble.  I also assume this would've been the same justification used if the officer had actually killed the man.

The cops' vaginas were quivering so badly at the thought of Dorner on the loose, they were firing at surfers and female newspaper carriers.

They're much better off in situations like Kelly Thomas:  Six against one 130-pound man.

"The D.A.’s report concluded that McGee was “forced to make a split-second decision to take action based on a rapidly evolving situation.” Based on the circumstances, McGee was justified in ramming the truck and shooting at Perdue, it said."

If this is all it takes for a cop to be justified in shooting at innocent civilians then we're in serious trouble.  I also assume this would've been the same justification used if the officer had actually killed the man.

This is outrageous.  Much moreso than Kelly Thomas, who was at least breaking the law (not that he deserved to die).  The 22 y/o drunk earlier in this thread was at least breaking the law.  Rodney King was breaking the law.

This guy was going surfing, minding his own business.

Its disgusting these guys got off. Once they made it personal there is no way you can defend them. They will be sued in civil court and lose. No one wins in this situation, a family is broken, the public has less trust for officers, and the majority of officers who are good people now have to fight harder against a negative perception.  

If im going to blame anyone for this outcome im blaming every person who gets a jury summons and throws it away or comes up with some retarded excuse why they should be exempt. Our juries are made up of 12 licensed drivers who were left after everyone else decided they were too good to serve.

Actually, you don't even have to be a licensed driver to serve on a jury. You only need to be a citizen and over a certain age (18?, I can't remember). 

This is outrageous.  Much moreso than Kelly Thomas, who was at least breaking the law (not that he deserved to die).  The 22 y/o drunk earlier in this thread was at least breaking the law.  Rodney King was breaking the law.

This guy was going surfing, minding his own business.

“Although mistaken, McGee honestly and reasonably believed that Dorner was driving the truck and had just shot Clissold and Cid,” the report said.

Insanity.

Wow, I don't remember this happening.

Perfect quote, “Being anxious and afraid does not justify attempting to execute a man on his way to go surfing,”

the public has less trust for officers, and the majority of officers who are good people now have to fight harder against a negative perception.  

I have a good friend who is a Fullerton Police Officer (and an outstanding human being), he got hired right around the time this mess was going on. I almost feel bad about the shit he's going to get in regards to this verdict.

There's a professional attitude in dealing with the public that you see little of anymore where police are concerned. It's getting to be more common with other types of service professionals as well.

There's a general rudeness pervading our society. Don't even get me started on drivers' behavior on the road. It's deteriorating pretty fast out there.

It starts with people on their cell phones.

yk, check this link out for actual Fullerton salaries paid out.  http://www.cityoffullerton.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=9223

Since Nate refuses to check links, here's a screen capture to show how wrong he is.   Just look at the Employer Paid pension costs.  Mind boggling to say the least.

lsku.gif

You expect some poor schlub to live off $135K?

really, most?

sorry, not buying it.

Wtf?

What's wrong with the word "most"? I'm not going to generalize everything but the majority don't use it or believe in it. There are some that do. Maybe I'm not interpreting your post correctly.

Edited by Kevin

Next time I'm caught speeding, I can simply use the excuse "Due to the confusion of bad cops putting civilians in danger, I made a split second decision to speed out of harms way. It was a rapidly evolving situation and felt my life was in danger being followed by a potential bad cop that shoots first and asks questions later".

For those interested, there will be a demonstration tomorrow in Fullerton at 10am at the Fullerton Police Station. I would hope it's peaceful and I would expect the cops not to hand out tickets for those who honk in a show of support (like they did a few years ago).

Edited by red321