• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

WTF North Korea [NSFW]

NrM

I've stood at the DMZ. It's not a pleasant place. The reality is that North Korea would collapse in days from defection and even they know that. So it's a guarantee that they would do whatever damage they could on the way down. At this point that damage is not worth the potential benefit in the minds of the powers that could make it happen.

This is what I'm thinking as well. They know they're going down, but will want to take as many down with them as possible.

It is the most ****ed up country in the world, worse even than the Muslim nations. Its leaders are ****ed up, its people are ****ed up, and it is propped up and allowed to survive only because of the evil Chinese and Russians (two other ****ed up nations).

Be happy you are blessed enough to be American. I don't care what anyone says, this is the best nation on earth. And yet most of us take that for granted. Be happy that you live in a country run by decent men and women (even if you don't agree with their politics), and that you have more liberty and opportunity than just about anywhere else on this earth.

Agreed. We are very blessed to be Americans (Western Europe is great as well). North Korea is, by far, the single worst country in modern history. Hell, I have a degree in ancient history, and I've never come across a worse country than North Korea. Their people are the very definition of innocent, and they have no choice but to submit to their fat-ass psychopath leader.

Muslim countries don't even come close. I have a few relatives in Egypt and Jordan, and they all live very comfortably and successfully despite being part of the Christian minority. Having said that, I consider Islam to be the most vile religion ever, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the clowns in Syria (the same people we give $$ and weapons to) resort to this kind of barbarism and depravity in the near future.

Edited by failos

I don't believe they have capable nukes, or any ability to deliver them.  They have an antiquated military with antiquated equipment.  They have no money to sustain a war (and no money to buy the fuel necessary to run their antiquated equipment).  If done correctly, the South and the U.S. could wipe them off the map, conventionally, pretty damn quickly. 

per wikipedia:

As of 2013, with 9,495,000 active, reserve, and paramilitary personnel, it is the largest military organization on earth.[8] This number represents nearly 40% of the population, [9] and is the numeric equivalent of the entire population between ages 20 and 45.[10]

The problem with invading is not N. Korea, but China.  They're supported by China and is seen as their protector.  The US would have to get a nod of approval from the Chinese and I just don't see that happenning.

China has been distancing themselves from N. Korea for some time now, so it'll be interesting to see how their relationship will change in the coming years.

per wikipedia:

As of 2013, with 9,495,000 active, reserve, and paramilitary personnel, it is the largest military organization on earth.[8] This number represents nearly 40% of the population, [9] and is the numeric equivalent of the entire population between ages 20 and 45.[10]

Having a large army is fairly insignificant in regards to modern warfare. A mixture of skilled soldiers and advanced weapons/tech will simply obliterate them. For the record, they still use weapons from WWII and they lack proper nutrition...or any nutrition at all since the entire country is starving to death,

Just watched Camp 14 on Netflix streaming. It's the documentary about this guy's story. Probably the most f*cked up sh%t I've seen. N Korea uses starvation as a weapon which f*cks with the minds of everyone involved. They have effectively turned people into emotionless beings. This is worse than biological warfare.

that 3 generation rule is one of the things that gets to me. Basically, if your grandfather is suspected of being a wrongdoer or a wrong thinker, they can put him, his kids and his grandkids in camps even if they are completely innocent of any wrongdoing.

Rodman going there turned out to be a good thing because it's brought more awareness to how horrible that regime is.

Thanks for letting us know it's on Netflix. I'll be checking that out soon.

It's a must watch. It's mostly centered around Shin's life but they also interview 2 ex-guards in Camp 14. I follow a lot of documentaries and surprised I haven't seen this one before. With how horrid Shin's life has been, I can't even imagine the awful stories of other prisoners. There are many camps throughout N Korea. They probably have a camp to deal with their deadly nuclear weaponry. Probably test it on their "prisoners" too.

Edited by mancini79

Worst kind of oligarchy. The people in North Korea exist only to serve the powerful few, and the joy of living is nonexistent. It's too bad the people aren't able to rise up and revolt, but they likely don't know there's a better way out there after being brainwashed and emotionally abused for so many generations.

Worst kind of oligarchy. The people in North Korea exist only to serve the powerful few, and the joy of living is nonexistent. It's too bad the people aren't able to rise up and revolt, but they likely don't know there's a better way out there after being brainwashed and emotionally abused for so many generations.

People do try to rise up, but are immediately taken to camps. Them and their entire family. The regime is so paranoid of it, they will imprison anyone who even mispronounced their ruler's name.

People do try to rise up, but are immediately taken to camps. Them and their entire family. The regime is so paranoid of it, they will imprison anyone who even mispronounced their ruler's name.

Well then that really blows.

You know who they need? WOLVERINES!!!

Edited by Tank