• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2014 PGA Golf

Reed was kind of an incredibly arrogant guy in the post-win interview. "i'm one of the top 5 players in the world right now." uh, buddy, that should be something we tell you, not something you tell us. take a breath. keep playing this way, and you'll hear it from us a lot.

Golfers can go from #5 to #255 within a short period of time.

Humility is a good thing for a golfer to have. It doesn't take away from the will the win, but the game can knock you silly sometimes. Ask David Duval what it's like to be on top of the golf world.

Then why would he bring it up yesterday when he finished with a 66?

The media brings it up every day. Even on days off like the Rinaldi interview on Wednesday. I'm just saying, it seems convenient lately instead of just saying he didn't have it or he shot a poor round.

Reed was kind of an incredibly arrogant guy in the post-win interview. "i'm one of the top 5 players in the world right now." uh, buddy, that should be something we tell you, not something you tell us. take a breath. keep playing this way, and you'll hear it from us a lot.

I like what Johnny miller said, for once, about the top 5 comment. Something to the effect of go out there and do it before you call yourself a top 5 player. I'm sure Reed's comments will run some of the pros the wrong way.

I like it.

It's kind of a weird thing to see or hear, but everyone I know that is successful or the Kobe Bryants or Cristiano Ronaldos of the world have this arrgogant confidence about them. I know this feeling and it's not arrogance as much as it is a drive for their delf to be better or hit that goal.

It's this drive to succeed and be better...act as if.

I was at a business seminar one time and some random dude says, "Hey, I'm the top producer at my firm but I hit this plateau (which brought him there) and I don't know why?" After a public discourse the instructor says, "If you want to be better, hang out and be with better people."

Long story short, the guy comes back and tells his story and he is raving about being #1 in the company and crushing sales figures, all while thanking the instructor.

The key to success is be with and hang around people better and more successful than you, and then try to attain it. There is an innate drive in us, but also a confidence we need to be #1. I suppose most of us sports fans that didn't succeed or make it to #1 don't care for this, but this is the attitude it takes to be #1 and I can't be mad at that. It's a work ethic, but mainly an attitude to be #1 that makes people successful and drives them to be #1, he has that.

I get it. He's gotta get reps if he's going to compete at Augusta. It isn't helpful to take swings when you're injured, but I understand his desire to try.

Bubba is having a really nice year.

My friend was lucky enough to get paired with Bubba and Adam Scott on Saturday last year at the US Open. He said both guys were extremely nice. Also said that Bubba was kinda quirky but really funny.

Goydos reminds me of a heftier Eric Reed who hit a game winner against Pomona A&M in the 1974 Big West conference tourney, which ironically coincided with the Dirtbags throwing two no hitters that year.

And double ironically because the Six Million Dollar Man debuted on TV in 1974.