• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2014 PGA Golf

Mickelson only hit 5 of 14 fairways with his new driver in his first competitive round with it. http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/10303275/phil-mickelson-rough-start-abu-dhabi-hsbc-golf-championship-new-driver

Like someone mentioned, it wont be long until he takes it out of his bag.

I have been relegated to a "someone" in the golf thread. I started this thread. You're the guest.

my favorite golf ball to play is still the pinnacle gold. good solid distance for me, but a wonderful feel around the greens and on approach shots. when i was playing a lot, i could make it stand still on the green after a bounce or two.

i bought a box of nike balls when i got my replacement clubs. couldn't care less about these balls. they haven't impressed me much at all. maybe if i was playing more i'd have a different opinion, but so far i wouldn't buy another sleeve of them again.

adam gave me a pro v1 he stole from someone. i still need to try it out.

I rarely buy balls. When I do I buy them used. Either prov1x or Bridgestone b330rx. I like the Bridgestone the best but you can find better deals on the prov1 because there are so many. It seems like most the balls I find on the course are prov1's. Crazy how much people drop in golf balls

Ha.

Usually play used prov1's or x's. Played a course a while back that had a charity hole, we all did it. Didn't win, but got so many coupons for the pro shop we just all used them after the round. I didn't see anything I liked or needed so I used the discount on some new prov1's....actually came out of pocket quite a bit (those bastards are expensive) and while walking through the parking lot laughing at myself and told the dudes I'd never use them because of the price. I still have them boxed laying around the house. Figured I may putt with them or mess around the green at a driving range, but doubt I play them....or maybe a couple.

from my on-course observations, most pro V1 users are 30+ handicaps who think they can drive the green on a par 5

haha true. I play with a lot of dudes who are really good - sub 10 handicaps. All of them tend to play the Titleist NXTs.

My mom bought me some proV1s for Christmas a couple years ago. You can definitely see a difference between that ball and most 2 or 3 piece balls, but if you can't shape or spin shots at will or on purpose with any consistency, it isn't going to make a net difference in your game. 

I chalk it up to random chance more than anything else, but I seem to shoot my best rounds with the Nike Vapors.