• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2014 Movies

From that list, I'm looking forward to:

Foxcatcher

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Godzilla (hopefully Gareth Edwards directing will help)

Jupiter Ascending

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Gone Girl

Guardians of the Galaxy

Noah (trailers don't look great, but it's Aronofsky, so I'll give it a shot)

Transcendence

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Interstellar

Not on that list I want to see:

Big Bad Wolves

The Green Inferno

Inherent Vice

Jodorowsky's Dune

Joe

Night Moves

Nymphomaniac

Oculus

Only Lovers Left Alive

Snowpiercer

Under the Skin

Why Don't You Play in Hell?

The Wind Rises

Not a bad start going in to the year. Should be nice.

Probably will see

expendables 3

hercules

dawn of the planet of the apes

godzilla

jack ryan

22 jump street (tatum seems to be in a lot of movies next year)

divergent

capt america

amazing spiderman 2

guardians of the galaxy

xmen 

hunger games

Intrigued and might see

sin city

edge of tomorrow (saw the trailer for it, and it seemed interesting)

And that's just from their tops list.  lol

fury

trascendence (saw a trailer for this also)

• 3 months later...

Kinda disagree. For being this early in the year, there's already been like 5+ I've enjoyed quite a bit: Under the Skin, Grand Budapest Hotel, Joe, Only Lovers Left Alive, Snowpiercer, and Nymphomaniac (Vol. 1 at least). Movies like The Lego Movie, Bad Words and Cheap Thrills were enjoyable too

Kinda disagree. For being this early in the year, there's already been like 5+ I've enjoyed quite a bit: Under the Skin, Grand Budapest Hotel, Joe, Only Lovers Left Alive, Snowpiercer, and Nymphomaniac (Vol. 1 at least). Movies like The Lego Movie, Bad Words and Cheap Thrills were enjoyable too

How was Joe? I was thinking about checking it out this weekend. 

Last Thursday I saw Heaven Is For Real, based upon the true story of the four-year-old son of a minister in Nebraska who had a near-death experience. He describes Heaven in explicit detail, including the exact appearance of Jesus, and he details meeting people who he had never been told about, like his paternal grandfather, and a daughter who was miscarried by his mother. People who have gone all their lives believing in heaven are suddenly made very uneasy by the accounts of a child who claims to have seen it. 

If you're looking for action, this isn't it, but if you want something that will make you think this might be the ticket.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

How was Joe? I was thinking about checking it out this weekend. 

I thought it was great. Somewhat reminscent to Mud, though mostly in setting and in that they both star Tye Sheridan. Great performance by Nicholas Cage which is a rarity nowadays. Also great performances by a lot of non-professional actors in here as well.

This and to a lesser degree Prince Avalanche from last year are awesome to see for David Gordon Green. They are return to form after making movies like Pineapple Express, The Sitter, and Your Highness (though I like Pineapple Express). Nice to see him returning to stuff like George Washington, Undertow and All the Real Girls.

I thought it was great. Somewhat reminscent to Mud, though mostly in setting and in that they both star Tye Sheridan. Great performance by Nicholas Cage which is a rarity nowadays. Also great performances by a lot of non-professional actors in here as well.

This and to a lesser degree Prince Avalanche from last year are awesome to see for David Gordon Green. They are return to form after making movies like Pineapple Express, The Sitter, and Your Highness (though I like Pineapple Express). Nice to see him returning to stuff like George Washington, Undertow and All the Real Girls.

Thanks for the info. I have Joe and Prince Avalanche both cued up. I got the Mud vibe about Joe too, just from the trailers (probably because, like you said, the scenery and the Tye Sheridan connections). The Sitter and Your Highness were terrible. Haven't seen George Washington or Undertow. I really liked All the Real Girls though. Didn't realize that was the same guy.