• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2013 Official Playoff Thread. All other playoff threads will have to deal with the bees.

mancini79

I gained a lot of respect for Sherman after that interview. Football is a mans game, he just tipped a pass that could have been a TD. He has so much testosterone running through his body that you can't expect him to be putting on a fake persona right after making the game winning play to take your team to the Super Bowl. I don't care if he frightened Erin, you're in a mans game with guys who are passionate about what they do. Deal with it or go find another job.

Sherman is the master troll and backs up everything he's ever said. He's a GREAT citizen in Seattle as well, always doing charity (and if I remember took it even further and camped out with kids for a couple of days). I also love the subtle racism going on right now around the internet where everybody is labeling him a ''thug''. White guy who acts hyped up = passionate. Black guy who acts hyped up = thug, even though it is confirmed he is a very intelligent young man who had a 4.2 GPA/1450 SAT score and graduated from Stanford (which is a well known school for not letting in idiots just because they're athletic). Football needs a villain, he's playing a persona and the only reason it isn't annoying is because he LITERALLY backs it up game in and game out.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

I gained a lot of respect for Sherman after that interview. Football is a mans game, he just tipped a pass that could have been a TD. He has so much testosterone running through his body that you can't expect him to be putting on a fake persona right after making the game winning play to take your team to the Super Bowl. I don't care if he frightened Erin, you're in a mans game with guys who are passionate about what they do. Deal with it or go find another job.

Sherman is the master troll and backs up everything he's ever said. He's a GREAT citizen in Seattle as well, always doing charity (and if I remember took it even further and camped out with kids for a couple of days). I also love the subtle racism going on right now around the internet where everybody is labeling him a ''thug''. White guy who acts hyped up = passionate. Black guy who acts hyped up = thug, even though it is confirmed he is a very intelligent young man who had a 4.2 GPA/1450 SAT score and graduated from Stanford (which is a well known school for not letting in idiots just because they're athletic). Football needs a villain, he's playing a persona and the only reason it isn't annoying is because he LITERALLY backs it up game in and game out.

This is an awful opinion. This is right up there with Tanaka letting us know that Garza will alienate ALL female fans. How can being disrespectful be awesome?

I get that the NFL needs to have a little more fun.

I get that Sherman does charity work,

I get that he is a great DB.

I will never get treating that moment like a WWE moment. And I have been an NFL fan since 1966 and wrestling fan since 1968, and I will never, eever get being like that at the end of a classic NFC title game! Let the great play speak for itself, and not your immature behavior!

This is an awful opinion. This is right up there with Tanaka letting us know that Garza will alienate ALL female fans. How can being disrespectful be awesome?

It's a great opinion actually. I really doubt Sherman cares about disrespecting a reporter with his own rant on another player who disrespected him. She should look up other jobs if she can't handle men who are at their peak of their careers (going to the Super Bowl) who are hyped up seconds after making the game winning, Super Bowl clinching play. He speaks his mind and doesn't sugar coat anything. I respect that over the guys who give the same old interviews trying to keep in their real feelings.

How bout he just respects the game. He may be refreshing to you but he's a piece of shit that will never be mistaken for a class act. Imagine being that guy, you just won the game that sends you to the Super Bowl, and your first feeling is how disrespected you were. Pathetic.

That's the exact same thing my mom said after seeing that. ''You just won the NFC Championship, why be angry and negative over comments a guy you just beat said to you''. I respect your and AO's opinion 100% (it's probably because of the age difference/generational gap) but I honestly love that cocky, brash attitude. Especially when a guy can back it up and speaks his mind. It's like the guy with no filter who gives it his all, and says whatever comes from his heart. It's genuine, ya'know?

I just want to see Chuck defend Richard Sherman's "act like a jacka__" routine.

As an NFL fan for 47+ years, I have never, eever seen such a punk routine starting with the taunting of Crabtree after the last interception, and disgraceful interview he gave Erin Andrews!

Rickey Henderson probably thinks that was crap!

He'll go the OregonLAA route and say he is playing with passion.

No I get it, I just think that after the game that he just won, respect the opponent you just battled against.

Sherman naturally plays with a chip on his shoulder. I think he needs to keep giving himself reasons to have that chip on there. Some people play better when worked up. That's clearly how he is. He likes to be worked up and have something to prove to someone. Some people like being the underdog and it keeps them motivated/boosts their game play. It clearly has been working. I also saw him shaking the hands of other players on the team (as well as Harbaugh). The reason he was hyped was because Crabtree was talking crap all game, and wouldn't shake his hand (and then pushed him away) when they won. That + his obvious excitement, being in the moment and high testosterone (and probably those Adderall/ADHD pills) results in that interview.

Agree 100%, trash talk DURING the game is timeless and will always be there and is part of the fabric of the game.

But respect is about not trashing someone AFTER the game. Two teams had a classic battle. We want to remember that, and the great play by Sherman, and not his Roddy Piper like trashing of someone in their face when defeat is assured .

Trash talking has been around since the inception of football and is part of the game. Player's knew to keep it on the field and regardless of the outcome, you respect your opponent. If players now want to bring this crap into the spotlight, every player interview will sound like Sherman's. People don't care if another player called your mom fat, said you run like a girl, that you look like Chunk, or smell like Boston after 2am. The worst thing a player can do is let it be known their opponent got in their head. Sherman failed.

I have to admit that the video is making me laugh, as a longtime NFL and wrestling fan.

Still think it was a punk thing for Sherman to do after the game was decided.

But as much as I like both, I hope the WWE never becomes part of football.

Besides, did any one care at all for the XFL?

Edited by Angel Oracle

That's the exact same thing my mom said after seeing that. ''You just won the NFC Championship, why be angry and negative over comments a guy you just beat said to you''. I respect your and AO's opinion 100% (it's probably because of the age difference/generational gap) but I honestly love that cocky, brash attitude. Especially when a guy can back it up and speaks his mind. It's like the guy with no filter who gives it his all, and says whatever comes from his heart. It's genuine, ya'know?

does that make it interesting or worth hearing though? I'm gonna say no.

what he said was just as empty and pointless as any "coach speak" or quarterback interview. Nothing insightful about the game or his play was said. Just verbal fist pumping

You are a dumbass.  Show me a post game interview by any pro player like that and I will call it thug like.  Don't play it off like it is racism.  Sherman is a punk.  Class is class.  Thousands of post game interviews with testosterone coursing through thousands of players bodies and none of them do it.  It is a lame excuse for boorish behavior.