• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Halo fans Outside CA

My user name is satire. I'm not sure why you're being so hostile, but I find it slightly amusing.

Lighten up.

Not trying to be hostile. My point is that I don't have any reason to know you were being satirical by having a screen name

used almost exclusively as a derogatory term for really negative fans.

Hopefully we'll come to discover you're a fun guy.

How many of you are fans living outside of CA? What's it like?

Aside from a semester abroad, I've lived in SoCal my entire life; but in a few months I'll be heading out to either Chicago, St. Louis, or DC for law school. Those are some big baseball towns, so it must be tough being a Halo fan. Lol I'm trying to picture myself rooting for the Angels in St. Louis...

St. Louis for law school.  If that is the case, it must be either my alma mater, Washington University, or my other alma mater, Saint Louis University.  Either way, both excellent schools.  Washington is better if you intend to practice law outside of MO (say if you plan to return to CA) and SLU if you intend to stay in MO/STL area.  No real down side for either.

If you do move to St. Louis one thing is certain - you will become a Cardinal fan.  The Angels will always be your team, as they should be, but being in an NL city, you can have an NL team and am pretty sure you'd be hard pressed to find a better NL team than the BOTB.

By the way, the weather sucks.  It's hot as hell in the summer and freezing cold in the winter.  Spring is nice, but not very long and autumn is the best season.

St. Louis for law school.  If that is the case, it must be either my alma mater, Washington University, or my other alma mater, Saint Louis University.  Either way, both excellent schools.  Washington is better if you intend to practice law outside of MO (say if you plan to return to CA) and SLU if you intend to stay in MO/STL area.  No real down side for either.

If you do move to St. Louis one thing is certain - you will become a Cardinal fan.  The Angels will always be your team, as they should be, but being in an NL city, you can have an NL team and am pretty sure you'd be hard pressed to find a better NL team than the BOTB.

By the way, the weather sucks.  It's hot as hell in the summer and freezing cold in the winter.  Spring is nice, but not very long and autumn is the best season.

Yep, WashU is my 2nd choice for law school, the other being Northwestern Law in Chicago. I actually really like the Cardinals, so I'm excited to potentially live in StL. What is your area of study?

Yep, WashU is my 2nd choice for law school, the other being Northwestern Law in Chicago. I actually really like the Cardinals, so I'm excited to potentially live in StL. What is your area of study?

I studied at those fine universities many, many years ago.  My undergraduate degree is from SLU in Biology/Biological Engineering and Wash U School of Medicine (Molecular Microbiology). 

You'll enjoy Wash U if you decide to attend school there.  Beautiful campus, excellent faculty, very intelligent student body and it's located in a pretty hip area of St. Louis.  And, when native St. Louisans ask you where you went to high school (because they will), just tell them St. Louis University High (SLUH) and then just tell them you're not a native.

I studied at those fine universities many, many years ago.  My undergraduate degree is from SLU in Biology/Biological Engineering and Wash U School of Medicine (Molecular Microbiology). 

You'll enjoy Wash U if you decide to attend school there.  Beautiful campus, excellent faculty, very intelligent student body and it's located in a pretty hip area of St. Louis.  And, when native St. Louisans ask you where you went to high school (because they will), just tell them St. Louis University High (SLUH) and then just tell them you're not a native.

Very cool. Bioengineering is a fantastic field. Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. I can't wait to wear my Angels cap in the heart if Cardinals territory

Now that I'm (finally) continuing my edumakation, I plan on transferring in the fall...so I'll either stay here in Denver (UC Denver), head south to Albuquerque (UNM), or head west to Reno (Nevada) or Sac-Town (Sac State). I would actually like to be back in the Pacific Time Zone.

Now that I'm (finally) continuing my edumakation, I plan on transferring in the fall...so I'll either stay here in Denver (UC Denver), head south to Albuquerque (UNM), or head west to Reno (Nevada) or Sac-Town (Sac State). I would actually like to be back in the Pacific Time Zone.

How do you like Denver? To me, it looks leagues better than the other cities you listed.

How do you like Denver? To me, it looks leagues better than the other cities you listed.

It's fine. It's actually a great place, but the older I get, the more I hate cold weather, and the more I dislike being away from family (20 years ago I would have NEVER said that).

I would love to come back to SoCal, but school is expensive, and the colleges down South don't have the WUCHE (Western Undergraduate Exchange), which lowers tuition to 150% of resident tuition for participating schools (the only ones in Cali that have it are Sac State, Cal State San Berdoo, Chico, Cal State East Bay, and Humboldt, but the only ones that have my preferred major are Sac State and East Bay).

Edited by Mark68