• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Puig Arrested

Pretty interesting, the Cuban exile community is tearing into Puig pretty hard locally -- not because he got a ticket for 110 but because of how he treated the police officer who by all accounts treated Puig respectfully.   Lot's of people saying he's being a boorish asshole simply because of the rights afforded to him in the US and how he never would have acted like a petulant little bitch in Cuba because he would have had his ass handed to him in jail.

Nice to see people call him out on his lack of respect for the cop.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Pretty interesting, the Cuban exile community is tearing into Puig pretty hard locally -- not because he got a ticket for 110 but because of how he treated the police officer who by all accounts treated Puig respectfully.   Lot's of people saying he's being a boorish asshole simply because of the rights afforded to him in the US and how he never would have acted like a petulant little bitch in Cuba because he would have had his ass handed to him in jail.

didn't know he was being a disrespectful prick. Now I know why he was arrested.

**** him.

yeah, I dislike puig as much as everyone on here, but my two cents on this is that he's acting like a lot of 22 year olds. Especially ones with money.

Not at all condoning it. And I agree the potential to have hurt others is very real. Maybe I was just a bit let down by the title and what it was I guess. I was hoping he got caught up in the eddie murphy sting so I could forward the story to my dodger fan buddies.

Yeah, I was the same way and did knucklehead shit back then.

Since we are telling war stories:

Got a car up to 150 or 151 going to Vegas. Got a streetbike up to 167 or 187 coming up from San Diego.

The Vegas one was stupid and I pretty much drove that speed the whole way and almost made it to Vegas in an hour. The bike was just a straight away "let's see the maxit can do" quick thing.

You're trying too hard.  I don't doubt the cops.  

Look up hypocrisy while you're at it.

Adv. 1. supposedly - believed or reputed to be the case

sup·pos·ed·ly
səˈpōzidlē/
adverb

1. 1.
    according to what is generally assumed or believed (often used to indicate that the speaker doubts the truth of the statement).

I can do that too.  lol fail

Edited by Marsaka

Look up hypocrisy while you're at it.

sup·pos·ed·ly
səˈpōzidlē/
adverb

1. 1.
    according to what is generally assumed or believed (often used to indicate that the speaker doubts the truth of the statement).

I can do that too.  lol fail

Fail indeed.  As usual you're being dense...   

You chose to TRY to imply I doubted the cops -- I pointed out how I was using the word in the context of the sentence.   You can post whatever definitions you want but it still won't change that it's not how I used it.   Better luck trying to contort what was said next time, Troll.

I know you got your panties in a bunch discussing Kendrick, but get over it.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Puig is just getting lucky at this point.  He's fortunate that his wrecklessness has only resulted in a couple of minor arrests and he hasn't harmed anyone yet.  This could end badly if his pattern doesn't change. 

The real kicker is his response to being caught.  When you get pulled over for doing 110, you put your hat in your hand and try to stay out of jail. 

He's setting himself up for a big time fall. 

Lol at the Puig attacks. Dude was on a highway out in the middle of no where. No different than speeding on the 10 heading to AZ or 15 to Vegas. Not a big deal at all. He wasn't drinking or on drugs. Let it go

Yeah but he is pretty arrogant outside of his baseball blunders and speeding tickets. But really you're missing the biggest factor here. He's an LA Dodger.

Someone said he got arrested for throwing his license over the cops head... I literally thought that was a joke about his over aggressive arm & missing the cutoff man. lol

Edited by AngelsLakersFan

Yeah but he is pretty arrogant outside of his baseball blunders and speeding tickets. But really you're missing the biggest factor here. He's an LA Dodger.

exactly.

If its true puig tossed his license, then yes, I'm all for 'full service'.

'Stopped you for speed, but I also notice (fill in the blank)'. Can afford the ticket? Cool, well, being that this is a misdemeanor, just to be a dick I'm going to book you before writing the ticket. Gonna tow the car. might even take time to be thorough and run you for out of state warrants. That might take a bit.'

I said it not long after Puig came up last year and the rumors of opposing teams and even some on his own team having a problem with his personality:  The guy's career will be like Milton Bradley or Jose Guillen.  He has tons of talent, but he will waste it all with his attitude problem.

Edited by Jim B

eesh.  I can't stand the Dodgers and I am not a fan of the way Puig plays.  But dang, Bradley and Guillen?

Lets wait a couple of years before we start comparing him to those kind of guys.  This was his first season and he just got here from a different country with a completely different culture.