• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2014 AL West Standings - quick guess

Angelsjunky

That was an around the field instead of a lineup, but yeah the jump from Kinsler to Profar will be huge, and then add Fielder and Choo? Yikes.

I do believe their pitching staff to be overrated outside of Darvish though.

Are you expecting to see Profar take a drastic jump in performance?  A great deal of his prospect status was tied into his projecting to be a Kinsler like hitter with the ability to play plus, plus, SS.   If they keep him at 2B, he's just not as elite of a prospect.

Well, they were 8th in runs scored last year and 14th in wRC+ and just added 2 legit bats. They are probably in the 5-7 range among offenses now. 

Angels lineup is still better IMO but the Rangers aren't too behind after adding Choo now. 

Their pitching is where they could be massively better.  Harrison should be healthy, Neftali Perez is also likely back. They have a really nice pitching staff.   Choo basically gets them a better version of Kinsler at the top of the order which is a nice add but possibly not as huge of an addition as people think.  If Prince goes apeshit, they could be a lot better.

That was an around the field instead of a lineup, but yeah the jump from Kinsler to Profar will be huge, and then add Fielder and Choo? Yikes.

I do believe their pitching staff to be overrated outside of Darvish though.

Their pitching staff isn't overrated if the stats show they're the second best in the league. 

These predictions post, albeit fun, feel too much like I’m betting against myself. Many times over the last few years, what I truly believe isn't what I truly want.

So I will say I’m looking forward to Albert being healthy and doing what we all know he can do, Hamilton starting off where he left off last season, the starting pitching holding its own, Frieri throwing a secondary pitch more often while the bullpen comes together in the absence of Jepsen to hold down some narrow victories. In a nutshell, I’m looking forward to the Angels playing competitive ball. After a few very uninspiring seasons finally giving the A’s, Rangers, M’s, and Astros and run for their money.

75-99 Wins    

The jump from Kinsler to PrLOLfar? Until he actually does something in the big leagues he's nothing more than a prospect.

Maybe it's me but I'm not seeing the Rangers lineup as something to fear.

Agree. The Rangers lineup is respectable, but not as feared as it was in the recent past. The pitching does look better though.

Also, like you, I think Albert will have a much better season this year. Being healthy and able to run gives us the Albert we can look forward to. I also look forward to Hamilton hitting like we all know he can. I predict Hamilton crushes it early on. He'll have a record May and June, and a much better overall line for the season.     

Edited by Jim

Agree. The Rangers lineup in respectable, but not as feared as it was in the recent past. The pitching does look better though.

Also, like you, I think Albert will have a much better season this year. Being healthy and able to run gives us the Albert we can look forward to. I also look forward to Hamilton hitting like we all know he can. I predict Hamilton crushes it early on. He'll have a record May and June, and a much better overall line for the season.     

Their 2011 lineup was their best in the last decade and this one may even surpass that. 

I think TX will win the div. Choo's WAR is what, 4.5 or 5? They'll be paying him way too much when he's 37-38...but at least it's a nt clause.

Torii Hunter has held up well and he'll be 39 next season. If you consider inflation ... then not as bad as you think.

Choo would of fit the Angels needs perfectly ... but pitching more important at the moment.

Edited by Troll Daddy

One thing may be likely: the Halos now match up better with Texas than they have in the past few years, because of Texas becoming more lefty hitting oriented and the Halos becoming more lefty pitching oriented.

There is still that matter of Frieri getting hammered in Texas though.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Their 2011 lineup was their best in the last decade and this one may even surpass that. 

Your 2011 Rangers lineup had a 320 BA - 1.046 OPS - 30 HR hitting Napoli, an 11th ranked MVP in Kinsler, an 8th ranked MVP - 338 hitting All Star in Michael Young, a 301 hitting CF’er in Chavez, and a 59 HR hitting machine in Cruz and the All Star Hamilton.

Six of your top starting players are gone from the 2011 lineup, and you think replacing them with a Choo, the fresh Prince, and an overvalued prospect will equal or surpass what you had. Good luck with that.    

Stop talking about other team's prospects. No one thought Trout was going to be the best player in baseball after his poor debut. 

Their offense was essentially average last year with half the players on the team having "down seasons" and it would be nearly impossible for them not to exceed a 100 wrc+ in 2014. They may not equal their 2011 production but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.   

3rd/4th place, unless the bullpen is improved. The bullpen was responsible for tons of losses last season, and with 2014 having a marginally improved bullpen I expect the trend to continue.

Edited by failos

Rangers

Angels

A's

Mariners

Astros

It's going to be tough, but I don't know how any fan can say we'd win 75 games. Basically, we'd have to be worse than last year with more bad luck.

I don't want Garza, but I know Dipoto will get another starter. Personally, I'd also like another reliever, but what can I say. Basically, we only need guys to do what they're capable of. I don't see 90 wins as a problem. I think our division will give us more headaches than any other teams. If we can get more wins off Houston and Oakland, I think the team will be fantastic.

The key is having a decent April. The team needs to have that confidence right off the bat. Oakland and Texas has shown they're not going to falter that much.