• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Phil Robertson Suspended from Duck Dynasty for "Anti-Gay" Remarks

He was doing an interview to promote his duck calls, not the show.

A&E had a publicist present for the interview. The GQ interviewer and Phil went on an ATV ride when these questions were asked. So the interviewer "conveniently" asked the loaded questions when the publicist wasn't around. More evidence that A&E knew what they were dealing with regarding Phil. Also pretty shady on the interviewers behalf....do anything to make a name for yourself. Phil was the only person that had honest intent heading into the interview.

Phil isn't the same as Stern or Imus. They are in the media and have been in trouble with the FCC. Their jobs rely on ratings and controversy drives ratings. Stern now can do and say whatever he wants. Phil also wouldn't sign a contract that has verbiage that would jeopardize his personal beliefs. He doesn't need A&E or Duck Dynasty to live a wealthy/happy life.

Phil is in the media too.  So it is exactly the same.

As for the contract, the contract would not say: "you can talk about homosexuals".  No company would state it like that.  There would be verbiage that states there could be repercussions for anything done or said that brings A&E in a bad light.  That is standard for any media company.

Another example is there have been plenty of actors who have lost their jobs for saying things that caused controversy.  This is very common in that world.

that's kind of where I stand with this whole thing. He's not an idiot for having those beliefs but he's an idiot for expressing them in this day in age. Backlash and repercussions were inevitable.

Phil isn't a media figurehead. He's also not an actor. He's a hillbilly in Louisiana that makes duck calls. It's beyond me why anyone puts weight in what he says. Apparently the LGBT community didn't care....but now that he's popular it's all of a sudden a problem. Where were their complaints when the show first aired?! And in all of this, Phil will continue to be the same person and A&E look like a bunch of hypocrites.

I think his point was that if you're under the microscope and you say anything homophobic or racist, there will be consequences. We can talk all day about whether or not a person of that stature should be able to express those beliefs but the reality is that there will be a price to pay every time.

Homophobic is such a laughable term.  

You don't agree with my beliefs, you must be mtaphobic.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/Homophobic

Main Entry: ho·mo·pho·bia Pronunciation: \ËŒhō-mÉ™-ˈfō-bÄ“-É™\Function: nounDate: 1969: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

I think most people here who have an aversion would not consider their reasons why irrational.

"I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Guess who said that?

http://i.word.com/idictionary/Homophobic

Main Entry: ho·mo·pho·bia Pronunciation: \ËŒhō-mÉ™-ˈfō-bÄ“-É™\Function: nounDate: 1969: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Mtaphobia:  irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against mt's opinions.