• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Phil Robertson Suspended from Duck Dynasty for "Anti-Gay" Remarks

Don't forget men who sleep with women outside of marriage. 

They have spoken out against that too but it really doesn't make waves so nobody cares. I know Jase on the show has come out and said that he and his wife were virgins when they married. The show itself is non-offensive and I have no worries when my 8 year old wants to watch it. I'm a hunter so obviously I'm not offended by their hunting.

Edited by Angels N Skins

Atheists are offended by his comments about the "Kingdom of God" 

Nate hit it right on the money. What the hell do you expect a redneck to say? Who cares what he says. As if his opinion is so valued. Hes entitled to his opinion, but of course people get so damn offended over everything now a days.

It's dad gummit

What is the appeal of scripted "reality television"? This show would be somewhat interesting if anything they said or did was genuine. I can't help but think Idiocracy is coming to life with the increasing popularity of this bullshit. 

With that said, I'm not offended by what he said, but I'm always amazed by idiots who think sexual orientation is a choice. Put down your book of Hebrew folklore and experience the world. 

What is the appeal of scripted "reality television"? This show would be somewhat interesting if anything they said or did was genuine. I can't help but think Idiocracy is coming to life with the increasing popularity of this bullshit. 

With that said, I'm not offended by what he said, but I'm always amazed by idiots who think sexual orientation is a choice. Put down your book of Hebrew folklore and experience the world. 

As usual, ranger fans show how little they know about, well, anything.

They have spoken out against that too but it really doesn't make waves so nobody cares. I know Jase on the show has come out and said that he and his wife were virgins when they married. The show itself is non-offensive and I have no worries when my 8 year old wants to watch it. I'm a hunter so obviously I'm not offended by their hunting.

Duck Dynasty's Kay & Phil Robertson Open Up About His Past Infidelity, Alcoholism

What is crazy is how all the Ducktards don't understand the issue that happened at all.  This is not a 1st Ammendment Issue.

What has been ignored by Phil supporters is that Phil is an employee of A&E and he was working for them when doing this interview which was being done to promote the show. Being that is the case, he must follow the rules in the employee handbook. All major companies have very detailed guidelines on things you can and can't say when representing them.

I know the company I work for has very strict guidelines on how I can act when on the job. The truth is, when you sign a contract to work for a company, you suspend some of your 1st amendment rights. End of story.

he was working for them when doing this interview which was being done to promote the show.

Was he?  Are you sure?  Was he maybe doing the interview to promote his duck calls?  Or maybe to for another reason altogether? 

From their side, did GQ want the interview just to sell mags? 

My problem is if you're going to portray it as reality, let the guy say whatever he wants.  A&E wanted to limit the amount of "Jesus" said too.   A&E can put its disclaimer on, and let the show fly.   There now is a huge backlash against A&E, and they could have removed themselves from the equation by simply stating "he's a dumbshit, or we don't agree with his comments, but this is reality TV folks.  He does not represent the network, nor its advertisers."  

Let the audience decide if they hate it or not.  

In an analogy many of you will here will understand, it's now coming down to a nationwide battle of soccer fans and Walmart shoppers.   

I vehemently disagree with what he said and think he is the true sinner here if you want to believe in that kind of thing.  To compare homosexuality to murder, bestiality, and adultery is pretty disgusting.

However, he has the right to say what he wants.  As much as a disagree with him.

A&E also have the right to fire him.

I find it hilarious that the same people who called for Martin Bashir's head are now defending this fool, asking "where is the freedom of speech?". It isn't one or the other.

I vehemently disagree with what he said and think he is the true sinner here if you want to believe in that kind of thing.  To compare homosexuality to murder, bestiality, and adultery is pretty disgusting.

However, he has the right to say what he wants.  As much as a disagree with him.

A&E also have the right to fire him.

I find it hilarious that the same people who called for Martin Bashir's head are now defending this fool, asking "where is the freedom of speech?". It isn't one or the other.

I agree that A&E can do what it wishes, but he did not wish ill on anyone.  Bad comparison.