• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Phil Robertson Suspended from Duck Dynasty for "Anti-Gay" Remarks

I think you'd fit right in with your religious beliefs.

No self-respecting gay person would suggest it's ok to compare homosexuals to murderers and philanderers because scientists haven't pinpointed the cause of homosexuality. And no rational human being would call Phil Robertson's redneck ideology "tolerant." 

No self-respecting gay person would suggest it's ok to compare homosexuals to murderers and philanderers because scientists haven't pinpointed the cause of homosexuality. And no rational human being would call Phil Robertson's redneck ideology "tolerant." 

Honestly what you, Charlie Sheen or Jesse Jackson feel about my opinion of homosexuality is so far down the list of importance to me it is silly.  My only argument with you is how you continually dismiss it with your disingenuous statements.  

You keep using the term "troll" when you are totally being one.  

"I didn't fight for my right to be tolerated"  wow

This person should be fighting instead for his right to be accepted.

If your going to quote someone, it's probably best you do it correctly :

'I did NOT fight for MY right to be tolerated so that..."

It gives a different meaning than what you put.

Sneaky you are with the way you mix words and act like they're interchangeable.

Nothing wrong with comparing things that are in many ways different or even opposite/anti-. If you mean equate, why not say that.

And, an attraction to someone of the same sex is generally thought to be gay. Which I've always understood to be different than homosexual ( which requires one to physically act upon their attraction to another). Big difference, unless I misunderstand the definitions.

Who are you to say what a self-respecting gay man should think? Maybe that frame of mind doesn't work for you, but it works for him. 

Gov. Bobby Jindal ‏@BobbyJindal 34m

I’m glad to hear that A&E came to its senses & recognized that tolerance of religious views is more important than political correctness

Today is a good day for the freedoms of speech and religious liberty

The left is going to have to get accustomed to the fact that it does not have a monopoly on free speech

Gov. Bobby Jindal ‏@BobbyJindal 33m

The left is not the only group who is permitted to voice its opinion in the public square

Gov. Bobby Jindal ‏@BobbyJindal 33m

The left may control Hollywood, but they don’t control the hearts and minds of a majority of Americans

It's like he's actively TRYING to descend into self-parody.

Edited by jshep

What they said - "His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."   

What they meant - "And we are such strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community, that we're moving full steam ahead with a weekend of DD marathons and 12 1/2 hours of DD Christmas goodies.  You're welcome LGBT community.  Sincerely, Your Champions"

UPDATE -  "We are such strong supporters ... nay ... CHAMPIONS of the LGBT community, that we've decided to back away from suspending Phil.  Damn ... did you see our rating over the weekend?  We ran a DD marathon and it just killed!  Wow!  That dude is a cash cow!  A walking ATM machine!  We're all Phil all the time!  Oh ... but we're still champions for LGBT."

There is a line. When does opinion become hate? Because for me saying that homosexuals are on the same level as people who commit beastiality, terrorists, etc is very hate filled.

The notion that someone can believe whatever he/she wants because it is an "opinion" or "belief" even though it is extremely hurtful is pretty backwards.

I think this was a reference to the sin, not the individual. People want to believe that's what he is saying.