• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Phil Robertson Suspended from Duck Dynasty for "Anti-Gay" Remarks

Agree or disagree? He has been put on indefinite hiatus from filming the show because A&E is "disappointed" about his remarks regarding homosexuality.

Anyone who follows the show knows that Phil is very outspoken and the Robertson's are devoutly Christian. I don't get why this is such a surprise to people? A&E needs Phil way more than Phil needs them, IMO. 

Thoughts?

It is a privately owned company, they can dictate who works for them and who doesn't.  Being a Christian myself I can sympathize with the political correct atmosphere that is all around, I am also aware that having the kind of pulpit that he had he could have been wiser with his words.

Regardless, whether this is a wise decision or not is only based on how it turns out financially for A&E.

You guys know how I usually feel about this stuff but I think this is kind of dumb.  I thought what he said was pretty funny.  I think you have to be overly sensitive to find it offensive.

That said, that show and the people on it are annoying dbags.

You guys know how I usually feel about this stuff but I think this is kind of dumb.  I thought what he said was pretty funny.  I think you have to be overly sensitive to find it offensive.

That said, that show and the people on it are annoying dbags.

He lumps gays in with drunks and terrorists.  not really funny, but I am sure some of my slackjaw relatives can relate to him

First of all, A&E owns the show.  With or without Phil, that show is A&E's property.  They are going to do just fine.  Christians never stick to boycotts.  lol  I remember back in the 80's when Universal released The Last Temptation of Christ, churches across the country banned together to send letters to Universal stating they would never watch another Universal movie again if they released the film.  That lasted about two seconds.  The Catholics did the same thing to Disney when they released Priest and that didn't last long either.

Second, what fans of Phil and the show need to understand is the Duck's are under contract.  Just like every workplace in the country, the human resources department has strict guidelines on topics such as these and many of those guidelines are that they are not discussed.  So Phil, is doing the interview which is being done to promote the show and makes comments that are against rules in their contract.

So, A&E has every right to suspend him.

He'll be back, so no big deal.

Edited by Jim B

Phil hasn't been comfortable with the show from the beginning but stuck with it because of Ms Kay. He was already planning to leave the show after this season. He's also battled with A&E about how they portray the family (i.e. A&E wanted to add "bleeps" to make it look like they were cussing, Phil wasn't having it). We are talking about a guy who turned down the NFL to pursue education and start his hunting career. Guy doesn't want the limelight. Why anyone cares what his personal views are is beyond me. Phil is a typical mid America red neck that happened to strike it rich and TV found him. I would be shocked if he spoke highly of the gay lifestyle. Boycotting the show won't do anything, most of the viewers don't care. Looking at their demographic, it might boost ratings.

It's not a surprise that he said what he said. He has the right to his opinion just as someone who is gay has the right to voice their opinion.

It's kind of a double standard - if you are gay you can now speak very openly and with pride about your lifestyle but if you have more "traditional " values you now have to shut your mouth for fear of being labeled a "homophobe " and possibly lose your job or get boycotted .

I think everyone should be able to voice their opinion on both sides of the issue.

Edited by vlad27

Atheists are offended by his comments about the "Kingdom of God" 

Nate hit it right on the money. What the hell do you expect a redneck to say? Who cares what he says. As if his opinion is so valued. Hes entitled to his opinion, but of course people get so damn offended over everything now a days.