• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Anchorman 2

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/anchorman_2_the_legend_continues/

Currently sits at 85% with 35 reviews.  I am actually pretty surprised because the trailer did not look funny at all.

We have not have our "When will you see........." threads for a while.  What's the deal? 

The part with the gay guy was kinda funny.  "Nope...that's a vampire."

I don't know, I'm still not convinced. I love the first Anchorman but almost cannot see this being good. I'll still watch it, but almost scared to. Hopefully low expectations will lead to a nice surprise.

Sucks that'll be hard to try and catch this, Her, American Hustle, and The Wolf of Wall Street before the end of the year.

Edited by Sam Sanchez

Yep.  Too many good ones to try and catch, but I'll make room for this.  Maybe it'll be the "Empire Strikes Back" of the series... lol.

I wanna see "Lone Survivor" and still haven't seen "Captain Phillips" either.  "American Hustle" looks great too, but movies are too expensive these days..

I wanna see "Lone Survivor" and still haven't seen "Captain Phillips" either.  "American Hustle" looks great too, but movies are too expensive these days..

it used to be you could catch a matinee and pay substantially less than full price, but now even a matinee is 9 or 10 bucks.

Matinees are actually cheaper than that. That's usually the way I go. Just catch an early show at an AMC or Century, and you're looking at about $6 or $7 shows. It's not too bad at all. Even an early showing of Inside Llewyn Davis in L.A. at the Landmark was I believe only $8 or so.

Edited by Sam Sanchez

I guess I just don't understand the "I loved the first one but I think this one might suck" crowd. The reviews are good, the first one was absolutely hilarious, what exactly leads you to believe this one will be bad?

I mean if you didn't like the trailer that's completely understandable, but for a comedy I see that as a good sign. Shitty comedies usually put all their "best" jokes and gags in the trailer.

I'm excited to see it.

I go to maybe 3 movies a year and 2 of them are usually kids movies.

That being said, I really want to see Inside Llewyn Davis, Saving Mr Banks, American Hustle and Anchorman 2.

Since us is highly doubtful that I will get to see them all in the theater, I hope a couple of them get nominated for SAG awards and the send me a copy.

Matinees are actually cheaper than that. That's usually the way I go. Just catch an early show at an AMC or Century, and you're looking at about $6 or $7 shows. It's not too bad at all. Even an early showing of Inside Llewyn Davis in L.A. at the Landmark was I believe only $8 or so.

i wish that was true where i live. my theaters are never under $9 for a matinee.

I guess I just don't understand the "I loved the first one but I think this one might suck" crowd. The reviews are good, the first one was absolutely hilarious, what exactly leads you to believe this one will be bad?

I mean if you didn't like the trailer that's completely understandable, but for a comedy I see that as a good sign. Shitty comedies usually put all their "best" jokes and gags in the trailer.

I'm excited to see it.

I just see going nearly 10 years without making the sequel, being rumored forever to the point that it seems like they were almost forced into the sequel and the fact that type of comedy that the first one had seems like it would be very easy to over-indulge and try way too hard to be funny for it to be successful twice. Again, I hope I'm wrong and will still see it.

And actually I don't believe I've seen the trailer myself, only a teaser a long time ago. I usually don't watch trailers except when played before a movie in the theater when I'm forced to.

I saw a preview screening just over a month ago. They were showing 2 different versions of the movie. Probably explains why I wasn't familiar with some of the footage in the trailers. I loved the first one, and this did NOT disappoint. I was laughing the whole time. At the end we had to fill out surveys about the movie. Looking around, I only saw "Excellent" and "Very Good" selected as the overall rating.

A large part why I loved the first one is that it got better after watching it again and again. So I can't say that the 2nd is better than the 1st since I haven't been able to watch it multiple times. But I want to find a way to watch this again since I didn't see the finished product. Oh, the fight/brawl scene in this one is FAR better than the 1st one.

I'm excited to see it.

Funny, nearly all of the reviews I've seen say it's awful.  Bad, predictable comedy.  

I'll see it because I know to expect crap.   But I love a good mocking of the news industry.