• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mark Trumbo: A class act

Angelsjunky

I've been critical of his OBP, but I've always enjoyed the things he says and his overall vibe as a human being. This bears it out further - a class act.

He's a total class act.

After playing 624 games at 1B in the minors leagues Mark Trumbo never complained about being displaced by Albert Pujols despite a solid RoY-2 season at 1B.

He was asked to play 3B, RF, LF, DH and 1B so I totally get why his OBP was affected. He's going to do great in the NL. 

He's a total class act.

After playing 624 games at 1B in the minors leagues Mark Trumbo never complained about being displaced by Albert Pujols despite a solid RoY-2 season at 1B.

He was asked to play 3B, RF, LF, DH and 1B so I totally get why his OBP was affected. He's going to do great in the NL. 

is this for real?

Perhaps my favorite moment as a fan the last few years was when he hit that walk off against Mike Adams. It was the first and only time I have sat in the Diamond Club, first row. And you knew when Trumbo stepped up that he could do it, and then he promptly delivered.

Sounds like a great person. It's too bad the Angels spent so much money on Pujols and Hamilton, leading to them trading one of their best power hitters they've ever developed.

I hope he becomes a more complete player in AZ and kills the Dodgers every time they meet up.

I agree with what you are saying in a sense, trading Trumbo has nothing to do with the Hamilton and Pujols signing. It goes deeper than that. If the team hadn't blown the draft year in and year out, like the five of the top 40 draft where we could have had good major league pitching by now with that draft alone. This trade has more to do with the Greinke trade than it does Pujols or Hamilton, because at the end of the day we traded for young pitching, something this team has struggle to hold on to.

I think I've mentioned before that my son attended high school with Mark. A somewhat quiet person with a kind demeanor is how my son described him. Said he was a nice guy who would talk to anyone when approached. Going to the party was a good move on his part. I hope he does very well in AZ. Can't wait to see an epic BOMB splash the Dodgers in 2014.  

I agree with what you are saying in a sense, trading Trumbo has nothing to do with the Hamilton and Pujols signing. It goes deeper than that. If the team hadn't blown the draft year in and year out, like the five of the top 40 draft where we could have had good major league pitching by now with that draft alone. This trade has more to do with the Greinke trade than it does Pujols or Hamilton, because at the end of the day we traded for young pitching, something this team has struggle to hold on to.

The lack of pitching combined with the signings of Pujols and Hamilton (losing draft picks) had a lot to do with the disposal of our home grown talent. When all of the dust settled we traded away Segura, Morales and Trumbo for Skaggs and Santiago. So the large investments in Pujols and Hamilton did force Dipoto's hand.

I hope Trumbo crushes it in Arizona en route to a massive payday after the 2016 season.

Exactly my thoughts.  I'd rather him have a great career, than keep him as a possible benchwarmer in Anaheim.  It would be great if he could have a great career in Anaheim, but that doesn't look likely.

I hope he comes back one day, maybe to end his career in a dozen or so years with a hometown discount.