• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

Why did Skaggs lose velocity on his fastball.

No clue, just gotta hope whatever it was it was just a little blip on the radar. Madison Bumgarner had a big velocity spike one year and didn't look good. Raised a ton of concerns regarding his future.....obviously he's turned out fine since then and is now one of the top arms and top assets currently in MLB

No clue, just gotta hope whatever it was it was just a little blip on the radar. Madison Bumgarner had a big velocity spike one year and didn't look good. Raised a ton of concerns regarding his future.....obviously he's turned out fine since then and is now one of the top arms and top assets currently in MLB

When the hell was he throwing hard enough where his FB was the feature pitch?

I watched him a shit ton when he was with us and he worked at 89-91...  This scouting report from 2012 has him at 90-92 -- he can touch 93/94 but, that's not where he pitches at.  http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/arizona-diamondbacks-pitching-prospect-tyler-skaggs-fangraphs-scouting-report-video/

Last year his FB was sitting at 89.5 according to PITCHf/x.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I'm starting to hate that Morales trade more and more. If we move Trumbo he could have been our DH/1B, but instead we traded him for Vargas (a 1yr rental).

Morales and Vargas were both impeding FA, he's currently a free agent, but was tendered a qualifying offer. Plus he wants to be a 1st baseman, not a DH.

Weaver

Wilson

Santiago

Skaggs

Richards

I would be okay with losing Howie if it frees up cash to make a nice addition.

I would not be fine with that pitching staff come opening day. Way too many question marks. One of those guys is not starting quality, and we'd need another sure thing veteran in there as well.

I'm starting to hate that Morales trade more and more. If we move Trumbo he could have been our DH/1B, but instead we traded him for Vargas (a 1yr rental).

And this. So much this.

Don't know a lot about Santiago, and don't know the prospect we're giving up, but this trade looks pretty good so far. It's the right idea for sure. Santiago's walks are high, but he's still young and it's his relief appearances that bring down his overall k/bb ratio, so that's encouraging. Hopefully Skaggs turns it around.