• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

Santiago has a 3.41 ERA over 224 major league innings, which IMO is the equivalent of a 2/3 guy.  I get that he walks a lot of guys, but seriously, what do you guys expect us to get for Trumbo?  If we could somehow score both Santiago and Skaggs without giving up Morin/Lindsey, it could be a huge trade for us. 

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez 3s

If no money changes hands, #Angels would save $3M-$4M in trade, leaving enough to get FA SP and replace Trumbo's bat. Again: Deal not done.

awwww yeaaaah

So let me get this straight.  We trade Trumbo for 2 arms.  We would still need 1 arm in the rotation, when those two arms should fill the roatation.  And we would still need to replace Trumbo's bat?  

I thought trades were to make a team better?  

@SteveGilbertMLB: According to an MLB source, the #Dbacks would also receive a pair of good prospects in Trumbo deal.

Anyone except Borenstein and Green

uh oh here we go.  Please don't deal Green/Lindsey/Rondon

Green can't be trade until a year after he signed (unless they did away with that rule in the new CBA)

So let me get this straight.  We trade Trumbo for 2 arms.  We would still need 1 arm in the rotation, when those two arms should fill the roatation.  And we would still need to replace Trumbo's bat?  

I thought trades were to make a team better?  

Halos would be improving their staff and overall depth at the starting pitcher spot. Skaggs immediately becomes the best arm in their system. Replacing Trumbo's bat wouldn't be too hard. Tons of FA DH's who are undervalued. Halos could find a .750 OPS hitter to replace him

It's likely that Dipoto thinks that Santiago has potential to be better than a #4 or #5. If he can improve his command and control, who knows? Even if he never does become anything more than a back-end starter, he still adds some much needed depth. 

Skaggs is the real prize here.

Trumbo isn't that valuable. Getting these two for him would be a coup.

Besides, if this trade goes down, the Angels would have roughly $20 million left to spend. The Angels can realistically pursue Tanaka. If they can sign someone like Tanaka, that would leave Skaggs, Richards and Santiago to battle it out for the final 2 spots. I like that. 

SO. MUCH. THIS!

Maybe this trade talk gets the Indians to pull the trigger last second on a Trumbo for Masterson deal at the last minute. (Hey... it could happen.)

(Okay, probably not)

Masterson is a FA after the season. This team has enough money tied up in players. They need cheap arms that they can control for years. Santiago and Skaggs fit that bill better than 1 season of MAsterson + having to hope to extend him to a pretty healthy contract

So we are trading Trumbo for 2 Jerome Williams?

Sorry if I don't get excited for trading for a pitcher with a career minor league WHIP of 1.32 and a major league WHIP of 1.36, and a young player we already traded away that has a MLB 5.43 ERA and 1.41 WHIP in the NL, although his minor league numbers of 3.33 ERA, 1.23 WHIP shows he could improve a bit.

This trade smells desperation, and the Sox and Dbacks are taking advantage of it.  

Oh cmon.  Santiago had his first half season as a starter last year and performed well and Skaggs "could improve a bit." uhh ya think?

Trumbo is not Babe Ruth.