• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

So we are trading Trumbo for 2 Jerome Williams?

Sorry if I don't get excited for trading for a pitcher with a career minor league WHIP of 1.32 and a major league WHIP of 1.36, and a young player we already traded away that has a MLB 5.43 ERA and 1.41 WHIP in the NL, although his minor league numbers of 3.33 ERA, 1.23 WHIP shows he could improve a bit.

This trade smells desperation, and the Sox and Dbacks are taking advantage of it.  

Sorry if I don't get excited for trading for a pitcher with a career minor league WHIP of 1.32 and a major league WHIP of 1.36, and a young player we already traded away that has a MLB 5.43 ERA and 1.41 WHIP in the NL, although his minor league numbers of 3.33 ERA, 1.23 WHIP shows he could improve a bit.

This trade smells desperation, and the Sox and Dbacks are taking advantage of it.

Really?

You are dead wrong.  Sorry.

It's likely that Dipoto thinks that Santiago has potential to be better than a #4 or #5. If he can improve his command and control, who knows? Even if he never does become anything more than a back-end starter, he still adds some much needed depth. 

Skaggs is the real prize here.

Trumbo isn't that valuable. Getting these two for him would be a coup.

Besides, if this trade goes down, the Angels would have roughly $20 million left to spend. The Angels can realistically pursue Tanaka. If they can sign someone like Tanaka, that would leave Skaggs, Richards and Santiago to battle it out for the final 2 spots. I like that. 

Not even close

Agreed. Got to give to get.

I'd bet on Kohn or Jepsen being the secondary piece to the DBacks if its a Major Leaguer. Minor league not a guy slated for AA or AAA it's got to be someone on the lower levels with upside like Rondon or that level.

Assuming it's Trumbo for Santiago/Skaggs, what are the salary implications?  I think we would still need another SP.

This is still a pre-arb year for Santiago(his last one) and Trumbo was projected by MLBTR at least to get like 4-5 million in arb this year.

So it gives them a little bit more wiggle room, I guess.