• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

From a friend of mine who is a Cardinals fan...

Glen

Freese agreed that a “fresh start” in Anaheim might be good for him, but he did not feel as though he succumbed to the pressures of playing at home.

“I don’t think the frustrating year I had was because of being the hometown kid,” said Freese, a career .286 hitter in four-plus seasons. “It was just some growing pains of being in the big leagues, learning a lot, understanding my strengths and being myself. The last thing I’m worried about is being able to hit.”

Freese agreed that a “fresh start” in Anaheim might be good for him, but he did not feel as though he succumbed to the pressures of playing at home.

“I don’t think the frustrating year I had was because of being the hometown kid,” said Freese, a career .286 hitter in four-plus seasons. “It was just some growing pains of being in the big leagues, learning a lot, understanding my strengths and being myself. The last thing I’m worried about is being able to hit.”

Too blessed to be stressed!

Freese may work out.  My biggest issue with the trade in general is it twofold.  First it seems to me they sold at lowest possible value on Petey.  Second, Freese and Salas are both question marks who do nothing to help the team long term.  I truly believe we are not in a position to roll the dice on any moves.  

Freese may work out. My biggest issue with the trade in general is it twofold. First it seems to me they sold at lowest possible value on Petey. Second, Freese and Salas are both question marks who do nothing to help the team long term. I truly believe we are not in a position to roll the dice on any moves.

They could have both of them for five years. That's not bad. Not trying to start an argument but would you have preferred they traded Peter for a AA pitcher two years away that would still be a question mark?

A friend of mine who is a Cardinals fan and writes a Cardinals blog, retrosimba.com, gave me this scouting report on Freese and Salas:

He falls into a funk when he gets pull-happy and can get into streaks of grounder after grounder to the left side of the infield.

We have another ex-Cardinal on the roster who has mastered that skill as well.