• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Illinois tornadoes

Tank

pretty devastating.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/17/us/weather/

on a personal note, my mom grew up in east peoria. she still has two brothers there and multiple nieces and nephews (my cousins). we haven't heard from any of them yet and are a bit concerned. we're hoping that no news is good news. to get your bearings, east peoria is right next to washington, illinois, which was hit very hard yesterday.

we'd appreciate your prayers and positive thoughts for our family members who are there.

I was on Fox Sports last night looking at some of the articles. There were actually morons on there who questioned the toughness of the NFL because the Ravens and Bears didn't play through the severe weather. Some people don't have a clue.

I lived in the heart of tornado alley (central Oklahoma) for over 20 years. I have seen first hand the power of tornadoes. Two of the places I lived in (an apartment and a house) have been wiped off the map since 1998. I know how it is trying to find out about friends and loved ones in the immediate aftermath. When you can't reach them, you hope for the best but fear the worst.

Tank, I hope that your people are OK. Please let us know. Prayers for them. BaseballMom, glad that you got good news.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Tank, my family is from Hancock County, across the river from Keokuk, Iowa. Pretty close to Peoria.

I don't really know if anything happened to any of them, just thought I'd let you know we're probably related.

if you think that means i'm inviting you over to share our tofurkey next week, think again.

It reminds me of the weather after the Angels/Cubs game at Wrigley a few years back. Holycrap that was intense.

I took my son to that game and I have never seen rain move sideways. It rained so hard it hurt. I remember being on the railway heading back to downtown with lighting all alround the car.