• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

19 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think you have a book title right there. Don't Be A Dumbass Diet. Unfortunately the common sense approach is lost on most of society but it would probably still be a best seller, even if no one  actually follows the advice. 

It’s more of a life philosophy for me. Every time my 18 year old daughter goes out I just put that simple phrase into her head to encompass all the worldly wisdom I’ve imparted upon her. About half the messages from me on her phone just say DBAD with a smiley face 

26 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah when it comes to losing weight in bulk, it's really not that hard. I dropped 60 pounds about 8 years ago. Took me 4 months and all I did was count calories and walk on the treadmill a bit. It just takes control, which is the biggest hurdle. 

If I really put in the effort, I could be at a healthy weight in a little over a year. But I'm not doing any "diets" or fuckin marathons or shit. I just need to eat and exercise like a normal human being should. 

But keeping it off will be the problem. I gained that 60 pounds back and then some in another year. 

That’s the point of DBAD. You know what you should be doing and what you shouldn’t but haven’t had the proper motivation to make it a permanent change in behavior. I don’t recommend waiting to have a third child in your early 50’s but it definitely works 

Nothing worse for your health and waistline than having young kids. I’ve been fluctuating about 75 pounds every couple of years. Approaching the top end of that range and ready to get after it.

Should we do a legit AW challenge? Post befores and afters? 3 months? We can set up a group on this site or FB or something.

whoever drops the highest percentage gets to see everyone else’s boners.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Nothing worse for your health and waistline than having young kids. I’ve been fluctuating about 75 pounds every couple of years. Approaching the top end of that range and ready to get after it.

Should we do a legit AW challenge? Post befores and afters? 3 months? We can set up a group on this site or FB or something.

That would have been great last April when I was at my peak lardness. Weight loss slows down when you drop 50 but I can see this being a true challenge since you boozers have to get through the holidays without drinking or eating all the office party food. I'm in.

Except for the whole payoff. Maybe just a Shiva trophy or something as worthless and yet bragging rights. 

I’d be interested,Adam (except for the prize part). 

I’ve gained about 40 lbs because my appetite has increased and because I haven’t been able to walk very much. Have had pretty bad foot pain since April. Saw an orthopedic doctor on Monday and xrays showed my arthritis in my knees has worsened and it’s time for knee replacement surgery. He gave me a shot of steroids directly into my right knee to help with pain and it has helped. Also discovered I have arthritis in my left foot, which causes a lot of pain. I’ve switched to a more supportive pair of shoes and that’s helped this week. I was able to go for a 1.4 mile walk yesterday, my first in a while, and I felt pretty good. I also have a total gym and put in a short workout yesterday morning.

16 minutes ago, Tank said:

I’d be interested,Adam (except for the prize part). 

I’ve gained about 40 lbs because my appetite has increased and because I haven’t been able to walk very much. Have had pretty bad foot pain since April. Saw an orthopedic doctor on Monday and xrays showed my arthritis in my knees has worsened and it’s time for knee replacement surgery. He gave me a shot of steroids directly into my right knee to help with pain and it has helped. Also discovered I have arthritis in my left foot, which causes a lot of pain. I’ve switched to a more supportive pair of shoes and that’s helped this week. I was able to go for a 1.4 mile walk yesterday, my first in a while, and I felt pretty good. I also have a total gym and put in a short workout yesterday morning.

We need the board fatties to show interest 

5 hours ago, Adam said:

I'm not sure there's anything that can kill an erection quicker, than seeing a bunch of before pictures of AW'ers.

I’m interested.  I’m approaching 250lbs, hell might actually be there.  My wife and I are going to start eating better tomorrow.  So tonight is my last night of eating like a dumb asshole.  Tonight she is making Shepard’s Pie out of some left overs.  I’ll have a Mint It’s It and a couple of beers, then get after it tomorrow.  

Tomorrow is good as long as you have a plan.

You should probably put some thought into that like you would turning around an underperforming store. Define what is wrong, plan for making procedural changes, implement and follow up. 

Otherwise your still just taking about starting this tomorrow. 

My wife over buys candy thinking every year we will run out but our neighborhood is pretty devoid of kids. Too many hills for them to want to run up and down, even for free candy. So we have stashed in the pantry four bags of assorted candy bars. I keep trying to pawn them off on our kids but they haven't any intrest. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

My wife over buys candy thinking every year we will run out but our neighborhood is pretty devoid of kids. Too many hills for them to want to run up and down, even for free candy. So we have stashed in the pantry four bags of assorted candy bars. I keep trying to pawn them off on our kids but they haven't any intrest. 

I do the same thing as your wife. I'm not a huge candy guy, so I'll bring them to work. It's usually all gone within the hour.

We don’t buy candy for trick or treaters anymore. We’re the first house on the block but there’s a serious lack of kids in our neighborhood. We had one trick or treater this year, and she was the first one we’ve had in at least four years.

Last night Carol was making twinkies to look like bees for today's spelling bee at her school. There is a box in the kitchen that is almost intact except for one twinkie that was need to finish out the quota needed. She left the box here. Why? Three giant bags of candy, two bags of marshmallows and now a box of 11 Twinkies. I cannot open a cupboard without some sugar related item staring me in the face. 

18 hours ago, Tank said:

We don’t buy candy for trick or treaters anymore. We’re the first house on the block but there’s a serious lack of kids in our neighborhood. We had one trick or treater this year, and she was the first one we’ve had in at least four years.

So what did you give him? A block of tofu?