• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

This team is finished

FireThemAll

I'm guessing the underwear was important due to the picture tdawg posted of the munkee puking. If I remember correctly, that monkey was wearing a diaper or underwear. Just a guess. Btw the op has nothing on munkee. Wish we could bring him back.

Not quite, troll.

He's the dude that shows up to the party and talks about his divorce....constantly.

A lot of people have differing points of view that I'm glad they bring to the table.

This dude is the new R.Munkee.

If you don't like what he has to say, then don't read it and don't respond.  How hard is that?  All this banning talk is silly.  

And I've been a member of the board for years, so I don't know where you get "troll" from.  

I sure did ruffle some feathers here lol. You guys keep believing in Arte Moreno, Mike Scioscia, and Mike Butcher...it's gotten us pretty far the last 4 years lol

First, Moreno and Scioscia got us a lot the last eight.  So do to say they don't have the ability to win is asinine.

Second, to declare doom a month into the off season doesn't show pessimism but a dislike for the team.  Than I ask:  Why are you fan??????

I believe you just like to hate on people.  You don't enjoy life unless you brings your gloom and doom mentality to everyone so you like to spew off without any logic.

While I'm nowhere near ready to throw in the towel for next season and beyond, I do think the odds of success are relatively low.  I think a lot of posters on here are expecting Dipoto to pull a rabbit out of his hat this winter.  Comparisons to the Red Sox turnaround are dangerous, as theirs was much more about underperformance and injuries than it was lack of talent, and let's not forget they had the Dodgers bail them out of their awful contracts.  But their core players, including their rotation, were already on the roster (Buckholtz, Lester, Lackey, etc).  Angels have to count on players bouncing back (Pujols, Hamilton) AND have to find pitching talent.  I have hope that they can turn it around, but I recognize that's an uphill battle with not great odds.

I am curious, how many here believed Lackey would have a bounce back in 2013?  I am certain the odds of Hamilton and Pujols bouncing back in 2014 are better than Lackey bouncing back for 2013?

If you don't like what he has to say, then don't read it and don't respond.  How hard is that?  All this banning talk is silly.  

And I've been a member of the board for years, so I don't know where you get "troll" from.  

He's trying to get a reaction and isn't even posting anything of substance. You can tell with the childish lol's after his sentences in the follow up post. I don't mind the Debbie Downers like you have also trolled this year and in the gameday chats, but just straight trolling is stupid.  He's also spamming the same posts and derailing threads as well, which affect other posters.

Personally, I don't care and am not around this portion enough to get bent out of shape. I've been around long enough to see trends though.

as i've thought about it, this occurred to me - if Trout gains his typical 50 pounds of pure blubber again this winter (like he did last winter), the team indeed could be in trouble next year.

Hamilton will just lose another 50lbs and things will balance out* nicely  B)

*I'm referring to the position players v pitchers annual tug-of-war, captained by Mike Trout and Joe Blanton, respectively

Edited by AZMike

This really is a weird time to post this thread, so I agree with Brandon that it's obviously a troll.

The good thing about sports is that once the season starts, everyone is 0-0 and anything can happen. Things aren't looking positive for the organization right now but that doesn't mean that won't change. Every sports organization goes through shitty times. It just makes the good times that much better.

The Red Sux did have one big change in addition to the purge of those players: a whole new coaching staff.

We still have the same manager and pitching coach that have been here for the past 4 years.

Having Baylor and DiSar join the staff is a welcome sight, though.

Pitching and Pujols/Hamilton will always be the big concerns until April.

The Red Sux did have one big change in addition to the purge of those players: a whole new coaching staff.

We still have the same manager and pitching coach that have been here for the past 4 years.

Having Baylor and DiSar join the staff is a welcome sight, though.

Pitching and Pujols/Hamilton will always be the big concerns until April.

until april of 2017

We've been offseason champs the last two years, and the results on field have sucked.

Maybe, just maybe, if we are offseason cellar dwellars, the corresponding on-field results will be similarly non-correlated.

Last year the Dodgers were the offseason champs, and they didn't do too badly on the field. 

Mike and Mike...(Butcher and Scioscia) will be back...so no matter who is brought in to compliment the good Mike..(Trout) and no matter how excited everyone is about the team on paper come April...we're still screwed.

We won the offseason the past few years, and how did that work out under Mike and Mike?

No matter how well the team is constructed, it is still going to be handed to M&M to fumble with.

Yeah, we're screwed.

At least there are a few of us that would rather look at reality and history...there are plenty of people blowing "Rays of Sunshine" up each others asses here..so many that realism is almost a ban-able offense.

Look I get it, things are looking bleak for this team for the future. I don't think anyone is blind to that. But there is a huge difference between being a "realist" and just constantly being negative about everything. I know it's "safer" to expect the team to be terrible so when they actually are you can come back and say "Ha, I told you so!" and to save yourself the disappointment. But seriously, it's a baseball game. Have some fun and enjoy it. I vent as much as anyone here but once the season is over I can't wait for the next one to start because I know that they have just as much chance as anyone else at winning the world series.

And no, that doesn't make me a better fan than anyone else. I don't believe in that and I hate when people come off like that. I just feel baseball is meant to be fun. Wait to be all negative about the team when the season starts like the rest of us.

At least there are a few of us that would rather look at reality and history...there are plenty of people blowing "Rays of Sunshine" up each others asses here..so many that realism is almost a ban-able offense.

Look at history and you will see the rise and fall of every franchise. No franchise, not even the Yankees pouring government sized graft money at the roster has maintained dominance over the last decade.

You are on board with season over in November. You are not a realist, you are a defeatist. That is far worst than any idiotic notion that there are Polly Anna's on the board constantly promoting this horrible season. No fan here is happy about this year's results. But most of the sensible one's are not acting like a spoiled brat throwing a fit in every thread that people refuse to follow them over the despair cliff.