• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best-Case Scenario

mancini79

No, I didn't even read your thread and don't with a lot of negative aspects or dwelling in the titles. I am not around here enough to know if you're one of the negative dudes here.

If people are on this board they generally watch their fair share of Angels games. Knowing that, many people already know the problems and issues with the club. It doesn't need to be rehashed or combed over daily to where it's a constant thing and is at a whiny level now. Most people get it and it's why this board is dominated by a few while others just chime in from time to time and try and avoid the pity party.

It was more about giving props to Mancini for a positive thread opposed to the many negative ones here about what we don't have or can't do right.....many of us get it.

Here is the problem. Any negative thread gets lumped in with all the others, regardless of how much thought and effort was put into it. Even if it is bringing an original criticism to the table, it will still be seen as "whining" by some here. When a "negative" thread is started, you should expect "negative" responses. Likewise, when a positive thread is started, positive replies should be expected. Unfortunately there are some users here who don't understand that, but here, in this positive thread, you made a passive-aggressive comment towards people who have a more negative outlook which AJ took offense to because he thought you were referring to his thread (which this thread is a "parody" of). I can tell you AJ is one of the more laid back and positive posters here but he isn't afraid to tell it like it is. The people who bitch and moan about the bitching and moaning have this detestable "holier-than-thou" attitude and will look down on anyone who has an opinion that is different than theirs (I am not saying you are one of these people).

I do think the "10 minutes to Wapner" routine gets incredibly old and some people need to take a break from their computers and stop posting the same shit in every thread but for crying out loud, create more positive threads instead of bitching about the negative ones. If people hijack the thread with their crap then their posts should (and probably will) be deleted.

The fact is, there isn't a whole lot to be positive about right now. You even said it yourself. But what do you expect the forum to be like when the team sucks? People are going to vent, and say stupid shit, and people are also going to constructively critique the organization. You aren't going to see a whole lot of positivity when the Angels are playing golf after another horribly disappointing season. Negativity breeds discussion. That is just a fact. You can only have so many "wow this team is awesome!" posts before it begins to be boring and repetitive and then this forum becomes the angelsbaseball forum; dull and lifeless.

I realize that people are aware of all the negative aspects of this team, but to act like people shouldn't be discussing them is absurd. That is, after all, what a message board is for. If it gets tiring to you, don't read the threads. Or better yet, create threads that breed constructive, original thoughts and posts.

Dawg that was well said. My biggest issue and the one I speak out the most against is the Rainman posts. When I constantly see those I tend to be a prick to those guys. I have also taken your advice lately and started to create some threads to open up other discussions, rather than the typical failo comments.

ha.

at least tdawg said what I did using more words and solutions.

and no, I don't walk around thinking it's always sunny and want a plethora of "wow what a team!" posts.....those would equally be annoying.

there just isn't a balance from some and they even hijack with their same negative beliefs.

I also wasn't passive, I thought I was pretty concise and direct.

as I already stated, I don't come around often and will continue to do so but do enjoy certain posters that when I see a thread created I know there is merit and a sort of validity to it where even if they critique or criticize it is followed with logic and solutions instead of just coming across as a whiny and a rehashed critique that has been beaten to death.....similar to RMunkee when everything out of that dudes mouth was just Vlad. It too got old.

but I digress, you mentioned the few in your post and that was my direction. I think that was even noted by two other posters.

also, I'm not trying to be an elitist asshole...I'd probably derail every thread if that were the case.

it was more props. there seems to be a kind of group think with a few and it manifests. back in the day it was just AO, but it was funny and you knew he was passionate. now it's more of a misery loves comfort type of atmosphere.

that's all I was saying.

Everyone here has summarized exactly what needs to be said.

Of course there won't be a lot of optimism on this board after that type of season. I think it's annoying to read people vent about the same things over and over but it is a nice place to be able to do so. I don't agree with it but I get why some people feel the need to do it.