• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

I miss Mike Napoli

Angelsjunky

Holy shit, comparing Napoli to Pujols. Napsackers have taken the nut swinging to a new level.

Pujols played this season on one foot and you want to make a comparison?

Why not put the numbers side by side since 2006 then start flapping your gums just how great Napoli is.

I didn't compare Naps to Pujols. I simply said that Pujols is the worst contract ever, while Napoli is still mashing. I did however compare Trumbo to Napoli, and that is a valid one, and another shitty decision by this org

Napoli's career avg (8 years) is .259

Trumbo's career avg (4 years*) is .250

*includes 8 games in '10 at .067

Napoli's best year was '11 at .320 then he got a big raise and batted .227 in '12.

'11 Trumbo .254 / Napoli .320

'12 Trumbo .268 / Napoli .227

'13 Trumbo .234 / Napoli .259

baseball reference

I don't believe he was more inconsistent than nearly any other ballplayer was in 2013. http://www.fangraphs.com/statsplits.aspx?playerid=3057&position=C/1B&season=2013

That's fantastic and all, and I'm not sure I agree with your statement, but you did not even come close to answering my question.

You might as well have posted a review of the last film you watched instead.

Napoli is a way better 1st baseman/DH than the guy the organization essentially chose over him (Trumbo). Then they went and compounded an already horrendous decision by signing Albert Pujols. Now look where that has got us -- Pujols is arguably the worst contract ever, and Napoli is still mashing for a rival. It's just 3 straight offseasons of unbelievably bad decisions made by this org (Wells, Pujols, Hamilton). If it happens once, I'm fine chalking it up as a bad decision, and I was glad they fired Reagins. The Pujols and Hamilton signings only reinforce the simple fact that the owner is the root of the problem for this team. He's the same idiot who hired Tony Reagins in the first place.

To be fair to trumbo, naps has also moved on to better hitting enviornments. Naps last season here wasn't extraordinary, was actually his worst here. Then he leaped forward in a different enviornment. Same could happen for trumbo.

While the Pujols contract isn't good in the later years, I expect him to have a monster year in 2014 now that his foot condition has healed.

That's assuming its heeled :/

But I agree. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that his foot led to his problems this year. Not like he disclosed it after a poor season, anyone who watched the games could see he was in pain everytime he took the field.

I just wish he had surgery instead of just rehabbing it.

I don't think it is debatable the Albert Pujols contract is the worst in the 3,000+ year history of professional sport.

Arod?

And to be fair, kemp has been pretty bad as well. Sure, kemp was/is younger. But whereas pujols has been a HOF his whole career, kemp (oddly enough) had one monster season just before payday....has always been very good, but probably not a superstar.

Kemp could still come back and earn it, probably a better shot than pujols. But then again, I think pujols is a good enough hitter thst if healthy, should be decently productive into his (reportedly) late 30's, a la david ortiz.

That's assuming its heeled :/

But I agree. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that his foot led to his problems this year. Not like he disclosed it after a poor season, anyone who watched the games could see he was in pain everytime he took the field.

I just wish he had surgery instead of just rehabbing it.

Why? It tore, which is what the surgery basically would have done. There's no need for surgery. 

I thought I read it didn't completely tear?

If its taken care of, good. I just hope its not a lingering thing.

it doesn't need to completely tear. The idea is to release the tension in the tendon not completely sever it. The report was that due to the tear he would not need to have surgery.

His wRC+ ranged from 85 to 129 by month last season. Fairly consistent.

You have once again completely avoided responding to what I actually said.

Could you please post a good recipe for shredded chicken nachos in your next response to that post? That would be a bit closer to being on-topic re: that post of mine. Thanks in advance!