• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cliff Lee

Not a fan of taking on more salary (unless its trout and tanaka), but would asking about him be a good idea?

We have little to offer....but we do offer salary relief. Off the top of my head his contract is only for two more years (and philly isn't a 'one move away' team). Lets say we could get him for a mid level prospect, or in a 3 way trade where we eat most (all) of the salary.

Not sure how his trends look, but with nobody in FA (tanaka being nonsure bet to land), and nothing in the immediate future from the minors, would he or someone like him (tradeable due to salary and team rebuilding) be the way to go?

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

Not a fan of taking on more salary (unless its trout and tanaka), but would asking about him be a good idea?

We have little to offer....but we do offer salary relief. Off the top of my head his contract is only for two more years (and philly isn't a 'one move away' team). Lets say we could get him for a mid level prospect, or in a 3 way trade where we eat most (all) of the salary.

Not sure how his trends look, but with nobody in FA (tanaka being nonsure bet to land), and nothing in the immediate future from the minors, would he or someone like him (tradeable due to salary and team rebuilding) be the way to go?

Don't have a problem with it IF:

Moreno doesn't have a problem going over the salary cap AND Trout is extended for ten years.

I would have a problem with it if it prevents Trout from being extended!

I'm really not sure how we are supposed to improve this team this off season, and I hope Arte understands this. If we can't spend money, have no prospects to trade and are looking to improve the major league roster there are very few options right now.

Kendrick to LA for Lee and Withrow. Aybar and Bourjos to STL for Wacha/Martinez and Siegrist. Trade Trumbo to Cincy for Lecure. Sign Balfour and Stephen Drew.

Weaver

Wilson

Richards

Wacha/Martinez

Lee

Bullpen

Balfour

Frieri

Siegrist

Burnett

Withrow

Lecure

Williams

C- Iannetta/Conger

1B- Pujols

2B- Lindsey

SS- Drew

3B- Green

LF- Calhoun

CF- Trout

RF- Hamilton

DH- Shuck

Championship!

Edited by Cory

I'm really not sure how we are supposed to improve this team this off season, and I hope Arte understands this. If we can't spend money, have no prospects to trade and are looking to improve the major league roster there are very few options right now.

Were probably gonna build a robot pitcher then. From scratch.

He can tie with sosh at the end of the year for best interview.

Kendrick to LA for Lee and Withrow. Aybar and Bourjos to STL for Wacha/Martinez and Siegrist. Trade Trumbo to Cincy for Lecure. Sign Balfour and Stephen Drew.

Weaver

Wilson

Richards

Wacha/Martinez

Lee

Bullpen

Balfour

Frieri

Siegrist

Burnett

Withrow

Lecure

Williams

C- Iannetta/Conger

1B- Pujols

2B- Lindsey

SS- Drew

3B- Green

LF- Calhoun

CF- Trout

RF- Hamilton

DH- Shuck

Championship!

We ain't getting Wacha for just Aybar. The Cards have him cheap and under club control.