• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

visible tattoos

26 members have voted

1. 1. in a general sense

• they get them for attention of others
    • for themselves, artistic reasons and such
    • too m8xed to say

I hate explaining it and have more times than I would like, hence why I mentioned above about preferring to be covered.

Long story short, I like art. When I got my work done it was by a legit artist, not someone that simply does tattoos nor did I just pick a Tasmanian Devil or koi fish design off the wall. It's permanent, it needs to be worth it and not spider web or nautical stars on your elbows.

Just my opinion, but I think there is a huge difference between actual art and putting paw prints on your body because you like dogs, even if it's the same medium.

I got the work for myself, I have to live with it not other people. It was a choice of art for me and I took the process like buying permanent art from a real artist.

With regards to not liking tattoos, there is simply a lot of bad work out there nor do I care for a lot of what people put on their body. People have their own reasons for getting their own work and I don't like or agree with it. I don't mean that in an elitist way, more in line with how it was mentioned as trendy above or people getting dumb things they will regret down the road. This doesn't mean everyone, but a majority of people regret what they get or are unhappy with it because they didn't think it through. Also, spending a lot of time in a tattoo parlor you just come across a lot of scummy people.

What also grew my negativity is being pale and having a color sleeve, it is vibrant and stands out. I have gotten a lot of compliments over the years from people of all walks of life, but you get so many people that are "into tattoos" that would want to check out my work and compliment it only to talk about their work, artist, thought process and it's such a pet peeve to me. It's like talking to someone and you see them loaded up waiting for you to finish just so they can talk. It's really annoying.

This post has already gone over what I wanted it to and probably doesn't make sense. It's been many years and I still don't know if I explain myself properly. Hope it makes some kind of sense.

Ha.

I don't like what I wrote.

Basically, even though I have tattoos, I'm just as judgemental and see the stigma of tattoos and the people that have them.....I wouldn't hire someone either that has noticeable tattoos. I also don't think highly of people that get tattoos and this goes for myself as well where I have to work a little harder in conversations with people to gain respect and get them to ditch premonitions they conceived before talking to me.

I get your question though, my take seems unique.

I hate explaining it and have more times than I would like, hence why I mentioned above about preferring to be covered.

Long story short, I like art. When I got my work done it was by a legit artist, not someone that simply does tattoos nor did I just pick a Tasmanian Devil or koi fish design off the wall. It's permanent, it needs to be worth it and not spider web or nautical stars on your elbows.

Just my opinion, but I think there is a huge difference between actual art and putting paw prints on your body because you like dogs, even if it's the same medium.

I got the work for myself, I have to live with it not other people. It was a choice of art for me and I took the process like buying permanent art from a real artist.

With regards to not liking tattoos, there is simply a lot of bad work out there nor do I care for a lot of what people put on their body. People have their own reasons for getting their own work and I don't like or agree with it. I don't mean that in an elitist way, more in line with how it was mentioned as trendy above or people getting dumb things they will regret down the road. This doesn't mean everyone, but a majority of people regret what they get or are unhappy with it because they didn't think it through. Also, spending a lot of time in a tattoo parlor you just come across a lot of scummy people.

What also grew my negativity is being pale and having a color sleeve, it is vibrant and stands out. I have gotten a lot of compliments over the years from people of all walks of life, but you get so many people that are "into tattoos" that would want to check out my work and compliment it only to talk about their work, artist, thought process and it's such a pet peeve to me. It's like talking to someone and you see them loaded up waiting for you to finish just so they can talk. It's really annoying.

This post has already gone over what I wanted it to and probably doesn't make sense. It's been many years and I still don't know if I explain myself properly. Hope it makes some kind of sense.

Clearly you knew it sounded elitist but kept on going anyway. Kudos.

The true rebel these days has no tats.

I have a lot of tattoos and for me it's never been about rebellion - I love good art and I like having things tattoed on me that have meaning .

I have portraits of my dad and daughter , things that reflect my love of music , even Angels tattoos .

I don't have anything on my hands or above the neck line because while my occupation is musician I do also teach music during the day and I can cover all my work with a long sleeve shirt - mainly so it's not a distraction to the students - if they come to my gigs they know I have tattoos but in lessons they aren't visible