• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

Update: new school year looking good so far:

I am soooo glad that I did not listen to the school IEP staff last year and fought to keep Peyts in a Regular Ed classroom for 4th grade. He still has supports, but he is doing awesome, so far (knock on wood), and his 4th grade teacher says she was "warned about him", but thinks "he's just great!" He corrects her on outdated terms in the textbooks and she just gets a kick out of him! :) What a difference a year has made! They wanted to send him to a different school and to a special day class at the end of last year and I said hell no with my list of reasons. My kids have made me such a stronger person, more assertive, and not willing to take any BS. Parenting is the hardest thing I will ever do, but those moody, ungrateful, loving, sweet creatures somehow make it worth it!

A house supervisor at a hospital where I once worked told me her strategy of dealing with people who came into ER claiming suicidal ideation (normally just a ploy to get admitted because their welfare money had run out, or it was cold and they had nowhere to stay):

She told them to try to think of three people who would care if they were gone. If they can't, go ahead and do it.

Not the textbook response, but I'm sure that it shocked the game players, who expected to be coddled.

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

A house supervisor at a hospital where I once worked told me her strategy of dealing with people who came into ER claiming suicidal ideation (normally just a ploy to get admitted because their welfare money had run out, or it was cold and they had nowhere to stay):

She told them to try to think of three people who would care if they were gone. If they can't, go ahead and do it.

Not the textbook response, but I'm sure that it shocked the game players, who expected to be coddled.

Dr. Kevorkian was a visionary. 

On September 14, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Adam said:

There are a few people on my facebook, who post their runs and bike rides, Literally dozens of miles per week, yet when I see them they're fatter and fatter. 

Yeah, I like casual gym guy or the chick that for one day was motivated to go to the gym. The post is always a gym location check in, some over used motivational quote, and maybe a selfie so you can see they are in gym clothes at the gym.

Then come Friday you'll see that gaze on their face while holding a shot of Patron or the weekend consists of them taking a pic of some pizza or nachos they made.