• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

5 hours ago, Ray McKigney said:

I knew a seemingly normal guy who named his son Liberty. It was his wife's idea, but he went along with it. As soon as his son turned 16, he legally changed his name to Mike.

I am thinking back to the first day of school every year. I have a legal first name that I have never gone by (it's a lot more mundane than Liberty, but I digress). Every year, the first day of school, the teacher would go down the roster and I would have to explain all over again. At this point in life I find it quite handy, because anyone who calls and asks for me by my legal first name isn't someone who knows me. It makes it easier to separate friends from solicitors.

This kid had to have endured years of torment when his name was called in school.

18 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I am thinking back to the first day of school every year. I have a legal first name that I have never gone by (it's a lot more mundane than Liberty, but I digress). Every year, the first day of school, the teacher would go down the roster and I would have to explain all over again. At this point in life I find it quite handy, because anyone who calls and asks for me by my legal first name isn't someone who knows me. It makes it easier to separate friends from solicitors.

This kid had to have endured years of torment when his name was called in school.

Exactly. Poor kid probably went through hell. Had to think, What the hell were my parents thinking? Were they on drugs?

On 5/27/2016 at 9:59 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

You have British lawyers calling you? 

On May 27, 2016 at 9:59 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

i'm glad you've recovered from it so well, Milhouse.

You just had to tell everyone, didn't you? It's "Milhous" without an E, dork.

My high school band played for an appearance that Spiro Agnew made in Jacksonville when he was Vice President. Before that, I had no idea that the Vice President had an official song, such as Hail to the Chief played for the President. It's Hail Columbia, in case it comes up in a discussion with your neighbors.

47 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

You just had to tell everyone, didn't you? It's "Milhous" without an E, dork.

My high school band played for an appearance that Spiro Agnew made in Jacksonville when he was Vice President. Before that, I had no idea that the Vice President had an official song, such as Hail to the Chief played for the President. It's Hail Columbia, in case it comes up in a discussion with your neighbors.

i thought for agnew it would've been jailhouse rock.

On 5/27/2016 at 9:59 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I know exactly what you're talking about because I have a difficult legal first name as well. I gave it to my son too because I'm an A-hole.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

We've been over it before, but it's essentially low self-esteem.  Generally women are coming up with these stupid names as they're the ones that typically have shit for self-esteem and their loser men won't stand up to them and say "hey, maybe giving our infant daughter a stripper name isn't such a good idea?"  And sometime the men go along because they have low self-esteem, too, and agree that giving their kid a "cool" name will make it so they'll be popular in high school.

It's all a very good example of why we need to stop allowing women to make decisions other than what kind of shoes they want to wear or what to cook me for dinner.

And I know some of you on here have kids with stupid names.  This totally applies to you.

For the record I have two sons, Scott and Jacob, so my kids at least have normal names.  I hate made up names (yes I know all names are made up at one time), or names that have extra letters just for shits and giggles.  My wife's name is Kari, pronounced Carrie, I like it because it is efficient.  I should have named my son Scot, but I didn't.