• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

So if you know your kid has a sensory processing disorder isn't it cruel to expose him to environments that send him over the top?

Like school, being in public...

A list of built-in excuses for a kid being out of control, and attributing them all to some unknown external cause.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

According to medical journals Sensory Processing Disorder is not recognized as a stand-alone disorder and  Sensory Processing Disorder isn't a recognized medical diagnosis at this time. So it is really a big lasso to allow for all types of symptoms to be considered as a disorder when in fact it could just be you have created a spoiled brat.

Peyt's Mom seems like the enabling type combined with a built in excuse factory for lack of parenting skills. It always seems to be others fault for not seeing just how wonderful her child is rather than stepping back and asking, is she being a parent or afraid that because of a divorce she has to play the good cop all the time so Peyton can see what a bad cop Dad was.

spot on, notti. everything is always someone else's fault, or the teachers just don't understand what a trooper he is, or this or that or a million other things.

she has trained him well to believe that nothing that happens to them, now or in the future, is their fault. he's going to have whatever type of affluenza this is called, and he'll have it bad.

On 5/5/2016 at 9:07 AM, Blarg said:

According to medical journals Sensory Processing Disorder is not recognized as a stand-alone disorder and  Sensory Processing Disorder isn't a recognized medical diagnosis at this time. So it is really a big lasso to allow for all types of symptoms to be considered as a disorder when in fact it could just be you have created a spoiled brat.

There are various "diseases" and "syndromes" that are not medically recognized conditions. Often the people looking to legitimize these so-called conditions find a doctor who will go along with their cause and act as the spokesperson. That doesn't make them any more real. They simply lump together a group of symptoms and give it a name. In this case, the motive seems to be parents looking to absolve themselves of any responsibility for their children's aberrant behavior.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

4 hours ago, Cory Matthews said:

I thought I got rid of these types, but this one chick is depressed city and is on a recent mission to let as many people know as possible on FB. I think my favorite was a comment that said, "Amen, God is great" lolwut?

295678_661291233887474_124906601_n.jpg?o

The girls who post shit like this on my FB are all the white, upper-middle class ones living in South OC. They never actually disclose what they're so depressed about either--probably because the problem is most likely something that the average person would find completely ridiculous. Example: "Was shopping for Brayden's school clothes earlier today and Banana Republic ran out of khakis.:("

Edited by Ray McKigney

Ironically she is Asian and lives in the IE.

She does does the ambiguous passive aggressive style every now and then. Because she is never direct I don't know the issue but think it has something to do with nursing school or something like that.

On 5/8/2016 at 6:01 PM, Ray McKigney said:

The girls who post shit like this on my FB are all the white, upper-middle class ones living in South OC. They never actually disclose what they're so depressed about either--probably because the problem is most likely something that the average person would find completely ridiculous. Example: "Was shopping for Brayden's school clothes earlier today and Banana Republic ran out of khakis.:("

This batshit craziness goes through every socioeconomic boundry, in my experiences.

On 5/8/2016 at 6:01 PM, Ray McKigney said:

the more i read this post, the more awesome it gets.

Posted on FB. I don't think I've ever seen anybody worse at spelling and grammar. Keep in mind that English is her first language.

"Are life has changed! My doughter is with child! Thow this is not are plan! God has other ideas! My family wants her to terminate the child or give her away! My doughter has chosen to work hard and love this baby! Because of her choice! We received a signed and dated letter from my parents! We are now compleatly cut off from the family! That is Hart braking! I choose to be a god fearing LOVING mother! If anyone has a problem with are life! Let me know I will pray for you!!!!!! Thank-you to my buitifull CO workers and church family for your love and support! All my old and new friends that lift us up your the bomb!"

On 5/8/2016 at 6:10 PM, Steve Sanders said:

Ironically she is Asian and lives in the IE.

She does does the ambiguous passive aggressive style every now and then. Because she is never direct I don't know the issue but think it has something to do with nursing school or something like that.

Having been through that - while working a full-time job the whole way - I can tell you that it is very draining. It dominates your life. Then you have to deal with the licensing exam. A failing score makes everything for naught. It is only rewarding when you are finished with everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tank said:

got our yearbooks today. discovered we have three kindergarten girls named Winter, Myth, and Preity (pronounced pretty).

sadly, there's no FB meme to go with this info.

I knew a seemingly normal guy who named his son Liberty. It was his wife's idea, but he went along with it. As soon as his son turned 16, he legally changed his name to Mike.