• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

Most of my (male) friends don't do facebook. My young adult kids rarely go on fb any more. So my fb is cluttered with aging women (I'm 51) who are wives of my friends, or my wife's friends, etc.

So I see so many pictures like Arch Stanton describes.

Its a bummer. I like the fb concept. I want to see interesting. I don't post that much, but if I do, I try to make it interesting. But you know who, in general, isn't interesting? 50 year old women. So my fb has tons of pictures of women sitting around a restaurant. Or inspirational posts. Or some complaint, and then 20 hens agreeing.

Most people in general just aren't very interesting (myself included). My Facebook feed is full of 35 year olds posting pics of their kids, checking in at restaurants, or posting stupid memes. I can't imagine your 50 year old lady friends are somehow less interesting than that.

Most people in general just aren't very interesting (myself included). My Facebook feed is full of 35 year olds posting pics of their kids, checking in at restaurants, or posting stupid memes. I can't imagine your 50 year old lady friends are somehow less interesting than that.

That said, a 40-something year old woman from my church is the best facebooker ever.  She manages to take the mundane in her life and make it interesting, and funny.  Pics of a huge moth that came into her house, or a kindergarten student to told her that she was spitting on him while talking.  She's self-deprecating, a VERY underused technique that is endearing.  She posts pics of her kids, but I don't feel I am being hit over the head with them like many parents' kid pics.

• 2 weeks later...

We're guys here, right? And we know men can, and do, many stupid things.

But the amount of stoopid, needy shit that adult women post on facebook has been utterly astounding to me.

Generally men will post the stupid shit they do unapologetic just to let everyone know that maybe a nail gun and snowmobiles while drinking beer are not a sensible combo then post the pre operative pic. But rarely is there any comments about who didn't send a get well card or how the out patient care could use some floweres and inspirational wall hangings like a picture of a cat doing stupid shit. They also don't beg for likes.

The closest Angelswin got to a pre menstruative woman's facebook journal was Cory's breakup thread. RIP one of the all time greatest threads, forever locked in the old servers dungeon that only the gatekeeper can access.

Luckily your past that age where your feed is sonograms and wedding pics or announcements.

I'm not shitting on the great news, but some people post the same sonogram and baby bump pics every day.

I get that too.  I don't get it.  sooooooo much of the same stuff.  The baby bump pics.

A couple I know had a baby a couple weeks ago.  Of course they got a professional photog to take some pics of the new family 2 days after they got home from the hospital.

They posted a pic... of the photog getting ready to take a pic of them!

I get that too. I don't get it. sooooooo much of the same stuff. The baby bump pics.

A couple I know had a baby a couple weeks ago. Of course they got a professional photog to take some pics of the new family 2 days after they got home from the hospital.

They posted a pic... of the photog getting ready to take a pic of them!

Are they Jeter fans or something, wanting a pic of a pic?