• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Eppard and Picciolo let go - Scioscia and Dipoto staying

nate

Doc is right. I've met him on two occasions, once in the player parking lot after a game with Vlads family and once when Chuck gave me a press pass and I spent all day at the stadium....I had limitations but saw enough of him to back my initial assessment.

He's nothing like he is with the media. He seems to have a switch and is almost tiresome of the same dumb questions over all the years and just gives the minimum answers to get through it.

He is gregarious and the life of the party. He jokes about his weight and eating lasagna, so he can laugh at himself and is a funny guy.

I remember reading stories during spring training about how much of a jokester type guy he is. Pretty sure it was quotes from Torii about how much Scioscia makes the team laugh and keeps the clubhouse loose.

I've never met the guy, but I often remembered watching their clubhouse celebrations after clinching the division(good times) and Scioscia was always making me laugh during his interviews in it. I remember him harping on Hudler saying to be careful for his toupe as they were dumping champagne on him

They know nothing, and they won't even have a marketing angle for next year like they would have with a new manager.  It's the same shitty team as last year and the same moronic manager who hasn't won anything in 4 years.

Oh, how times have changed

Interesting. 

I believe what you're saying, but I don't think the personality traits we see publicly come with an on/off switch.  If we as fans are annoyed by his worn out cliches, and other personality traits, I'm sure the players feel the same way at some level. 

Speaking only for myself, if I'm frustrated and looking for advice, I'm far less likely to approach someone when I can predict what they will say in advance.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if Scioscia repeats the "turn the page" nonsense behind closed doors. 

What MS says to the media and what he says to the players behind closed doors are two completely different things IMO. Every post game talk with the players isn't repetitive and robotic. I have yet to hear a former player make that complaint. So I am going to go with the fact that he probably isn't as robotic and predictable as you perceive him.

I just don't see how this helps the team at all.

When the pitching coach can't make the most of what he's got, and you see a decline in the performance of the arms once they get on this team, its clear Butcher was the one that needed to go.

I can deal with keeping Scoscia one more year, but Butcher being around to go and talk to the pitchers followed by giving up big hits and go-ahead runs is pretty much unbearable.

I don't know whats going on with this team anymore. Management/Ownership seems completely oblivious to reality.

I don't know how much making Ebel the bench coach will help. The other coaches probably won't make much difference. My take is if they're horrible next season, all the coaches will be gone anyway so why not let Butcher stay? I think the pitchers were more to blame than the coach so if Scioscia stays, keep Butcher. Also, maybe Dipoto wanted Butcher gone and Scioscia put his foot down and said he would leave too. Arte didn't want that and decided to give them all a chance. Not sure if Picciolo was a sacrificial lamb, but I doubt it. The only thing I don't understand is Eppard going. Is this a tit for tat thing from Arte? Hatcher, now Eppard? 

Demoting people in the corporate world is pretty much suicidal from an organizational standpoint. 

I've never seen these kinds of moves turn out well.  Usually, there's a love/hate relationship with the demoted employee.  The employees who liked him/her will be pissed off by the demotion.  The remaining employees will also be pissed because the demoted employee still has a job.

The end result? NOBODY is happy and morale plummets. 

Some people are lucky to have a job period and these guys may be grateful they wern't outright fired. People may work HARDER under such conditions.

as anology, if your investments consistenly lose money do you fire your gardener?

and what criteria is used to eveal the pitching coach if not the performance of the pitchers he coaches? all these posts about butchy was dealt a bad hand and so on are just more opinion statements.

watching weaver scream and swear at him from the mound was enough for me.

i feel sorry for anybody that pays money to watch this org in its present state.