• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

To recap.  #1 QB, #1 RB, #1 OLB, #1 C, #1 MLB, and #1 TE in this class...  wow.

Up next:

Cordell Broadus, 11:35 ESPN

Tyrone Wheatley 12:15 not televised
Nathan Meadors, 1:00 p.m. FSN West/Prime Ticket
Joseph Wicker, 1:10 p.m. ESPN

UCLA has a good shot at all of them.  Lots of hype last night that Wheatley is coming to UCLA.

SECSPN is funny.  It is obvious they don't pay attention to the P12.  First when Soso committed they acted like the Bruins had no RBs...  Paul Perkins lead the P12 in rushing this year.  Then they were saying that the Rose Bowl is a disadvantage...

Up next:

UCLA has a good shot at all of them.  Lots of hype last night that Wheatley is coming to UCLA.

ha, espn was saying that alabama has the #1 recruiting class so far. ucla was listed as #13 on their list. if the bruins are pulling in the #1 prospect in each of those categories, shouldn't it stand to reason they'd be higher on the list? college recruiting isn't my thing, but this seems like more blindness from the numbnuts in bristol.

He was inconsistent and there were definite good classes but a lot of really mediocre ones.  Mora has had them in the top 10 every year with tons of athleticism.

I just looked and they have been very similar, the difference is one was a terrible coach and the other is pretty good. This will be Mora's second top 10 class (per Rivals), Neuheisel had one.

ha, espn was saying that alabama has the #1 recruiting class so far. ucla was listed as #13 on their list. if the bruins are pulling in the #1 prospect in each of those categories, shouldn't it stand to reason they'd be higher on the list? college recruiting isn't my thing, but this seems like more blindness from the numbnuts in bristol.

I'm not sure about ESPN, but most recruiting rankings are based on total points, which gives more weight towards bigger classes. If you want to get a different indication, just sort by average ranking on scout or rivals. But, I've never really looked at or followed ESPN's rakings.

SECSPN is funny.  It is obvious they don't pay attention to the P12.  First when Soso committed they acted like the Bruins had no RBs...  Paul Perkins lead the P12 in rushing this year.  Then they were saying that the Rose Bowl is a disadvantage...

Haha, that's hilarious. It may have helped improve the conference's reputation had my school actually won a championship this season. But that didn't happen, and I'm now convinced it will never happen.

Up next:

PST or EST Nate?

i find it lame that espn pressures these kids to go on tv to reveal their choice when they are not ready to choose. it makes the kid look bad if he chooses georgia over ucla only because it was televised.

absolutely agree. this has become too big of a deal, and not everyone can handle it.

Not one to defend ESPN but I am not sure it is about pressure or just wanting to be on TV.

Also, Fox Sports reporting that UCLA DC Jeff Ulbrich will be the new LB coach for the Falcons. WTF is going on?

Dude wtf? He's the DC not some position coach....the timing?