• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

Trevita Halilo is going to decommit and commit to ASU. Sounds like the ASU coaches sold him on UCLA being super deep and hard to crack. Honestly that is a pretty fair point. Hate using OL recruits though.

Asu is going to have another solid class. Graham has it going in the desert

Yeah.  Of all the OL commits he is probably the most expendable but really no OL recruit is ever expendable.  Hope the UCLA coaches can change his mind.

Jets tried to setup an interview with Mora but he turned them down.  I think the 49ers are the team I worry about if any.

By the way, here is a write up from a former NFLer on the last play of the UCLA game and how ****ed up it was from a KSU standpoint.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/7/7495105/kneel-down-rush-nfl-unwritten-rules

Some highlights:

"That's why I was so livid after
 seeing the replay and noticing that longtime
 Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder had actually called timeout just so he could have his players try to jump over the top of the UCLA victory formation at the end of the game. It's also understandable why UCLA head coach Jim Mora Jr. wasn't interested in talking to him after shaking his hand after the game. Not only did Snyder potentially put UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley's NFL career in jeopardy with that bush league move, he also put his own players at risk as we saw one of KSU's players land awkwardly after trying to jump on top of Hundley. 

"I don't care how big of a Kansas State homer you are, I don't give a damn how "old school" you think you are, that was purely a dick move and beneath a coach of Snyder's stature. Period."

• 2 weeks later...

UCLA gets a commit from 4* WR out of Texas Ryan Newsome.  Huge pickup in a position of need.  Everyone thought he was going to Texas.

sounds like a wonderful kid,too.  this video is great.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/1/23/7876377/ryan-newsome-commits-ucla-bruins-texas-longhorns

what he did after the state semis in 2013 is incredible.   so nice to see how proud his brother is of the man

he's becoming.

this is a kid that'll be easy to pull for

Edited by Lou

3* MLB Jack Savage is coming to UCLA as a walk on.  He is of course the son of the UCLA baseball coach.  Pretty sweet to get a 3* walk on.

He was being recruited by and had offers from Cal, ASU, WSU and Oregon.

Edited by nate

4* DB Dechaun Holiday committed to UCLA last night.

Remaining targets are all signing day announcements

5* RB Soso Jamabo

5* TE Chris Clark

4* DL Tyrone Wheatly Jr

4* OL Josh Wariboko

4* LB Roquan Smith

4* DT Joseph Whicker

Of the remaining on the list Jamabo and Whicker are the most important recruits and sounds like UCLA has a good chance to get them.  Clark is another that would be nice, the though was that UCLA was leading but with Harbaugh at Michigan it is now a close race.  Wheatly wants to play TE and UCLA is only recruiting him as a DL so he is unlikely.  Wariboko sounds like he is also leaning toward UCLA.  Roquan Smith is from SEC country and has lots of SEC offers so I doubt he comes and I didn't even list him but Iman Marshall is a SC lock.

Also 4* LB Victor Alexander decommitted from UCLA, committed to Georgia Tech and then decommitted from them and committed back to UCLA this weekend.  All in the span of 48 hours.  Kid said his mom was a wreck knowing that he would be going to college across the country but eventually calmed down.  I can't imagine the kind of pressure these kids feel when it comes to recruiting.  Hope he sticks, has a ton of talent.

Edited by nate

First thing is first.  Southern Cal = Dodgers.  You hate them.

Second, if you care to follow recruiting, Scout.com is by far the best.  Recruiting isn't for everyone though.

Third, **** Southern Cal.

Fourth, Jim Mora is our HC and he is awesome.

Fifth, **** Southern Cal

Sixth, make it out to the Rose Bowl when ever you can, it is a great place to catch a football game

Seventh, **** USC

First thing is first.  Southern Cal = Dodgers.  You hate them.

Second, if you care to follow recruiting, Scout.com is by far the best.  Recruiting isn't for everyone though.

Third, **** Southern Cal.

Fourth, Jim Mora is our HC and he is awesome.

Fifth, **** Southern Cal

Sixth, make it out to the Rose Bowl when ever you can, it is a great place to catch a football game

Seventh, **** USC

My wife shared 4 of those with me. Thanks

Why would you do that to yourself? Being an Angels fan isn't frustrating enough for you?

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Things to be excited about:

UCLA loses only 4 of 22 starters next season. But lose 3 really major contributors, QB Brett Hundley, DE Owa Odigizuwa, and LB Erick Kendricks.

The defense and the offensive line should be really good next season.

The schedule is much easier next season.

The coaching staff is the best UCLA has had in the last 15 years at least top to bottom.

UCLA is bringing in the top QB in the country this year. His name is Josh Rosen. He reminds me of Andrew Luck.

Wednesday is national signing day. UCLA is expected to have a very good class. Google the BROcast and listen to some of the more recent ones to get acquainted with recruiting.

Good luck.

Also worth mentioning that the Bruins are a pretty good program right now.  Finished with 10 wins for the second year in a row and in the top 10.  QB is headed for the NFL but they have the #1 QB in the country coming in - Josh Rosen.  Of course high school rankings really don't mean anything.

I have faith in Mora though.  He has been better every year and the team itself has a lot of experience and talent.

Scout's UCLA website is bruinreportonline.com

I try to share the non subscriber info on this forum.

My wife graduated from UCLA. I agreed to raise my son in a UCLA house since I didn't go to SC and have never been a diehard, provided Fullerton baseball takes priority. Mora is very good but he's a weirdo. Weirdos don't last in one place too long.