• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

How great is it to not only have a great coach, but he also turns down double his salary to stay based on integrity. Don't see that much anymore. Mora is awesome.

Also hearing that Mixon to UCLA looks really good.

He turns down the possibility of double his salary. There's no way he's #1 on the list.

He turns down the possibility of double his salary. There's no way he's #1 on the list.

Some people are spinning this very hard.

Is Mora good? Yes...Great...jury still out

Weisel left him a nice roster. He's 1 Hundley injury away from being a .500 coach and has yet to beat a what top 15 team at the very least? Maybe Nebraska in 2012?

Texas can and will do better.

By the way, it has been reported by several media outlets now, including SI and ESPN that the Texas job was Mora's if he wanted it.  He turned it down.  Honestly, cray that Texas is having this much trouble getting a coach.  They tried for Gruden, Briles, Franklin and Mora and still no go.

Rumors are that Jimbo Fisher is not high on their list.  Just a couple outspoken donors.  I can't see a reason why they would want him, he has been pretty mediocre.

I think one of the biggest issues is that it is the Big 12.  Texas killed that conference by staying and not taking the Pac merger.

Bruins flip 4* LB Zach Whitley from Alabama.  He will EE.

He is the 6th ranked OLB in the country.  Having Myles Jack and Anthony Barr really do help recruiting.  He basically said he idolizes Jack and also UCLA's academics are too hard to pass up.  Big time recruit out of TX for the Bruins.

Edited by nate

Bruins flip 4* LB Zach Whitley from Alabama.  He will EE.

He is the 6th ranked OLB in the country.  Having Myles Jack and Anthony Barr really do help recruiting.  He basically said he idolizes Jack and also UCLA's academics are too hard to pass up.  Big time recruit out of TX for the Bruins.

Big pickup for the Bruins. Hopefully they land Mixon and Dixon tomorrow. Biggins thinks Dixon to SC but everyone else is saying UCLA. We'll see.

That was out of nowhere. If UCLA goes 3 for 3 today that would be crazy.

Last night Barton Simmons predicted UCLA for Mixon. Today he is hearing Oklahoma is in front. I'm nervous for that one.

In an unrelated note, Al Golden is getting interviewed for Penn St. If he goes there it could really help the Bruins land Kaaya. 

According to Biggins, Mixon told UCLA coaches last night he was going to pick UCLA.  Something changed this morning and he switched.  He never notified UCLA coaches about it and UCLA coaches are really pissed.

Biggins thinks UCLA will stop recruiting him.  Says Mixon still wants UCLA to recruit him but called his recruitment a circus saying that he is a total diva and headache.  Mixon's parents want him to go to UCLA or Cal.  Biggins thinks ultimately he will end up at one of those two schools.

He would be huge for the Bruins but I understand the whole Diva part being a problem.  I am pretty bummed we didn't get his commit.

Edited by nate

Nowadays, this whole process seems like a circus. You have family, friends, coaches and other people of influence in an 18 yo kid's ear. No wonder some of these kids come off looking like asshats; they're made to feel/look like celebrities.

P12 can't compete with the 5 figure handshakes of the SEC

Apparently Mixon already called the UCLA coaches.  Also UCLA has heard from Nate Starks and he likely will commit if he gets an offer.  Tons of talent but some off field issues.  Not sure which I would want more, drama or dipshit.

Also sounds like Kaaya is going to flip to UCLA.

4* RB Nathan Starks has committed to the Bruins.

Seems like the Bruins had a contingency in place for Mixon.  I doubt they circle back to him now.

Hopefully his off the field issues are resolved.  Marsh was a guy that had the same struggles and it took some time before he got his act together.  If anyone can it is the Bruins coaching staff.

Rumor has it the Bruins have 3 more commits coming in the next week.

Delp and Kaaya are probably 2.  Not sure who the third is.  Maybe Malachi Dupre.

Rumor is the other two La (the state) guys are still in the mix.  Kenny Young and Mattrell McGraw are also leaning UCLA.  This coming from La scouts.