• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

First game the starting center was out and three new OL.  One is a Sr graduate transfer, other two frosh.

Second game totally out schemed on D.  Ulbrich is a new DC and it showed.

Both games I think they really held back on the playbook because they were teams they should beat but maybe they should knock that shit off.

You'll be fine.

It's the second week.

I don't think the Bears are going to win more than 5 or so games this year based on the first two games, you shouldn't think that the Bruins will get mauled in conference play based on two games. Unless you have Andy Buh as DC, I'm sure things will improve.

Go Bears of all types.

I'm gonna be tailgating at the rose bowl this coming Thursday night.

My daughter and I will be eating subway sandwiches before we go inside for the one direction concert. Stop hating, haters.

I feel your pain, T... I had to accompany mine to "Panic at the Disco."  But, I actually like two of their songs...

i'll admit, and i'm comfortable enough in my manhood to say this, that i have grown to like several of the boys songs. they have a nice blend and interesting music. the warm up act (5 seconds of summer) is going to be the tougher one to digest.

UCLA gets a commit from the #1 JC DE in the country.  He is eligible immediately.  Takk McKinley.

He was originally committed to Cal but Cal ****ed up and deemed him ineligible.  Angus just started recruiting him for next year as a JC transfer and looked at his transcripts and realized that Cal left out two of his classes.  Since Cal ****ed up he is immediately eligible at UCLA.

Some more background from Greg Biggins

Huge props to Angus on this one, he went over his H.S transcripts in the summer and noticed two summer school classes were never counted. I know everyone will bash Cal on this one but no one, not even his own coaches picked up on it either. Reason being Takk took them at a middle school since his H.S (Kennedy) was shut down that summer. When counselors saw the middle school as the location, they didn't count those courses for his H.S transcripts. 

Angus put in a ton of work getting all the paperwork signed and keeping Takk warm for the last year. He was actually originally supposed to sign yesterday but when other schools found out that he was immediately eligible, Takk and his JUCO coach were inundated with calls from schools all over the country. He decided to sleep on it for 24 hours, mostly to appease his JUCO coach but woke up this morning and was still all UCLA and decided to sign now. 

One caution, he has a knee injury that has kept him out of practice the last 3 weeks and they're doing an MRI tonight. He's hopeful it's nothing serious but it's something worth watching. I actually think it might be good to redshirt him this year since he has 4 to play 3. That way he can spend a whole off-season with the program, get his knee 100% and be ready for spring ball.

Lol, butt hurt Texas blogger.  Just like Sark was SC's first choice.

With all high profile jobs, you are never officially offered the job until they know you will accept it.  Texas met with him and threw everything they could at him to take the job and he declined so they never made a formal offer.

UCLA gets a commit from the #1 JC DE in the country. He is eligible immediately. Takk McKinley.

He was originally committed to Cal but Cal ****ed up and deemed him ineligible. Angus just started recruiting him for next year as a JC transfer and looked at his transcripts and realized that Cal left out two of his classes. Since Cal ****ed up he is immediately eligible at UCLA.

Yep. He's going to be really good.

Playoffs or bust, guys.