• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Olberman doing post game duties on TBS games?

disarcina

my prior post makes it sound as if I don't like Charles Barkley because I mention him in the same context with Olberman.

that's not the case.

my point is, Barkley is a huge hit on the post-game NBA show and even better during the playoffs..........

I'd rather TBS use those guys than any combo with Olberman included.

as for Barkley, I remember one Monday night coming home and Monday Night Football was on, I was half listening while doing other stuff and I thought, hey, that sounds like King Charles.......can't be, it's football for Pete's sake.......the guy sounded good, knowledgeable, funny etc. It was Charles Barkley -- I thought he was pretty good as part of a football telecast!! 

Barkley is to NBA telecasts sort of what Dandy Don Meredith was to Monday Night Football for those who can remember back that far.......

You'll forego watching the entire postseason because you don't like the guy doing postgame?  

Way to.... stand up for what you believe I guess.  

Ehh not really interested in the post season anyway. Angels are out I would rather watch the NFL or College over teams I couldn't care less win or lose. Olberman is just the icing on the cake. I can't stand that guys shtick. He just tries to bring his political views into every conversation he is having. I'll pass. 

If you aren't going to watch baseball because of who is announcing then you probably aren't all that into it to begin with. I like guys that are different than the rest. Olberman used to be pretty good and I know he is knowledgable. I don't think it's that much of a reach for him to be doing post game shows at all.

I don't care if Oberman has the gig or not.  I'm more perplexed that anyone would hire him for anything considering that every gig he's had the last 20 years has ended terribly for the employer and Oberman sues or badmouths the employer.  I'm always disgusted when someone fails upward when there are plenty of talented and eager people willing to do the job.

I presume it's TBS's attempt to get some attention for its broadcasts.  There's alot better choices out there than Oberman

When it comes to baseball, Olbermann knows more than just about anyone else. He's not being paid for his political views (which I happen to like). He's being paid because he knows his shit.

this. Olberman is a baseball junkie that knows more about the history of the game than anybody i ever heard in 50 yrs of playing and watching baseball.

his dry, jocular humor probably goes over most peoples heads.

just to repeat- Olberman knows his shit.

Edited by shellback

When it comes to baseball, Olbermann knows more than just about anyone else. He's not being paid for his political views (which I happen to like). He's being paid because he knows his shit.

I like his.  He just sucks at talking about it without being a hypocritical bleeding heart douche.  Maddow is the only one on that network who doesn't annoy me.  I've moved onto PBS/NPR for that type of news.

He knows his baseball shit.  Rather have him than Buck and McC.

Edited by cysomeawfulpitcher

I used to like Olberman when he did local news on KTLA -- but over the years his record and attitude (as pointed out in a post above -- why would anyone hire this guy who has a limited shelf life with every job he's had in the last 20 years and then turns on his former employer almost every time in a bitter departure) have really over-taken whatever talent he may have had as a sports guy -- and then there was his rantings over at MSNBC or where-ever he was.......

Also, folks who used to work with and around him tend to view him as a total self-centered jerk..........

note his funnies a the end of each of these pre- and post- game shows -- they're all about Olberman.

the panel of folks he has with him is pretty weak.......probably selected by Olberman himself with choices that wouldn't 'out-shine' him..........if that's the case, he picked well.