• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

California Golden Bears Football

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, because it's true...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/10/28/7068853/college-football-weekend-recap-week-9

Epworth sleepiness scale

A standard questionnaire to determine whether an individual is sleepy or not, though you can save some trouble and time by simply asking if they've been watching Pac-12 football this year, specifically Cal football.

Cal is like the fire department, if the fire department showed up with flamethrowers and napalm. Even in this year's fully realized cartoon football Pac-12, the Bears remain the most cartoonish of cartoon teams. Your game? It will take nothing short of four hours. Is the game over? No, the game is never over. Twenty-one points is striking distance with anything less than four minutes in the game. Can the Cal defense hold? Yes, for two downs, two illusory downs giving the impression of hope. Then, as they did against Oregon, the Bears will give up third-and-21, and the cycle starts again.

Did this all start at 10 p.m. ET or beyond? Of course it did. And with zero respect for human life, the need for sleep, or for defense. Someone from the SEC or Big Ten might hire Sonny Dykes just to end this. That someone should be Michigan, because you really, really want to see a disgusted Dantonio's reaction to defending an air raid team in freezing temperatures.

Are Cal fans warming up now to Sonny Dykes?

To a degree. Some people still hate the brand of football, but they're also delusional and expect that Cal should have a top 10 program, even this year.

I don't think that the people who thought he was an absolute disaster appreciated how complete a rebuild the program needed. They were the youngest team in the nation last year. Some players didn't buy in at all last year. The initial DC hire was not good.

I have supported him since the beginning, but had real doubts entering the year that they'd be able to get more than 3 wins, but felt that if everything went as well as possible, they could win 6.

I really do like Dykes. Even when they were getting obliterated last year, you could tell in his interviews that he knew his crap. He's a smart guy. He doesn't give you coach speak. I like Tony Franklin, a lot. These guys are sharp. I also like that they seem to learn from their mistakes, which didn't seem to be something that Tedford excelled at.

I think most Cal fans believe that Dykes has earned a shot for next year.

I really hope we get that 6th win and go to a bowl, any bowl.

I throughly think that if they were able to get some decent depth on defense, they could build a VERY strong program that would be able to force its style of play on most opponents.

Edited by RallyMo

Wow. Wow. Wow. 

We just got absolutely jobbed on a pass that was called incomplete. Both foot and body were CLEARLY down in bounds and they didn't even bother to review the call.

I've never seen a more obviously blown call this season.

It was an even worse call than I thought:

(foot hits ground)

30xd95k.jpg

(foot flattens on ground)

28wiah4.jpg

Ball control was not an issue.

LOOK WHERE THE FREAKING REF IS!

This was on a third down and would have resulted in a 1st down. Dykes ended up taking a delay of game (not a huge deal in terms of field position since we were punting from around midfield) waiting for them to initiate a review since it was early. They didn't even bother, and you know that if he had challenged they probably would have just ended up not changing anything.

Pac12 refs are a joke.