• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

California Golden Bears Football

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched part of the Cal-Northwestern game yesterday, turned to another game when it appeared that Cal had it put away. Looks like it got a little tight after I left.

Northwestern managed two TDs in about a minute. It got uncomfortable, and quickly.

This is going to be another rough year for us, but we'll be competitive in more games. I think.

The dual QB setup was neat - did Dykes run that at TTech or LATech?

I'm not sure. If they want to keep with it, they'll have to make Luke prove that he can throw, otherwise it'll be nothing short of a telegraphed play.

Goff is good.

Whatever the case, it will be nice to have a backup with some experience.

Edited by RallyMo

Cal's receivers are scary good

This is true, but we need to establish some sort of a run game or we face somewhat the same scenario as last year. Goff needs to have time to get to them and holes need to be opened for the backs to run through. We need an improvement from the OL.

I remember you saying that you thought the Dykes hire was good. I still think there's a chance he pulls a 180, but going with Buh last year was a huge mistake. That, on top of everything else, was a disaster. They lost 27 guys

The dude they got from Hawaii (Davis) is legit:

So is Harris. And Lawler. And Harper. And Treggs. It's a very deep unit and I think they'll aim to tire out DBs by using all of them regularly. They had some great grabs on Saturday, but some head scratching drops also.

I was pumped after last year's first game. Then reality hit.

They need to control this Saturday's game from start to finish as far as I am concerned. I remember when they barely held on to beat Portland State last year.

I expect them to lose for most, if not all, of the last half of the schedule. It's all about just being in games at that point, but they need to win games until then.

Edited by RallyMo

I saw that on the Cal board. People are pretty upset.

It's a terrible situation.

I kinda get the scholarship thing, but think it's lame. The administrative mistake is horrendous and cost him his ability to play football, something he would have been able to do prior to even getting awarded a scholly in the first place. The university should have to eat that money in a just world.

• 2 weeks later...