• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

But you are the ones selling people useless policies. You're too busy cashing the premium checks to explain that nobody will accept the coverage. It's a triad of dishonesty and profiteering.

Huh?  We are selling the policies we have been directed to under ACA.

They're being forced to not tell their customers that the policy they are bound by law to purchase will only be accepted at Joe's Discount Cancer Barn?

Lol, this type of response is part of the problem.

Not only do we detail the plan and its limitations to the member when they sign up but there is also a link to show them what doctors are in the network on the exchange websites.  Further on the website it encourages the member to check to see what doctors are covered before they sign up.

Mr. Johnson, you've signed up for the "don't ever get sick" plan. Your premium is $225/mo and it satisfies the new healthcare law. We hope you enjoy your coverage and remember - never get sick. 

Mr. Johnson, you've signed up for the "don't ever get sick" plan. Your premium is $225/mo and it satisfies the new healthcare law. We hope you enjoy your coverage and remember - never get sick. 

It is sad but this really is how it is for anyone that signed up for the Bronze plan.

But....but....I thought Obamacare was a rousing success and they signed up 7 million people and everybody is happy as can be with their health care!

That's the message the administration has been putting out the past week or so.

Why resign now???

Went to a confernece today and listened to the CDCs policy analyst on the affordable healthcare act. Listening to him made me lose any hope left at all that I had in this mess.

Couple interesting takeaway points.

Two main purposes of the affordable healthcare act are:

1. Lower the cost of healthcare for all middle class

2. Insure the 45 million uninsured

Costs

60% of all healthcare cost is from technology and the uses of it

10% of healthcare costs come from uninsured

Covering the uninsured

Health and human services expects that by 2018 the uninsured rate will drop from 45 to 30 million and it will hit its flatline mark. The uninsured will never fall below 30 million

So my question to the guy was this

"If Obama's #1 goal was to cut costs for middle class Americans, then what are we doing about cutting technology costs which takes up to 60% of our bill? They tackled an issue of 10% of our costs but insuring 33% of the uninsured which cuts about 3-4% of our cost? You missing the big bull that is rearing his head in the room?"

He did not have an answer.

I was floored when he said the uninsured rate would bottom out at 30 million. I thought everyone was going to be insured?

Edited by Stevestevens

Covering the uninsured

Health and human services expects that by 2018 the uninsured rate will drop from 45 to 30 million and it will hit its flatline mark. The uninsured will never fall below 30 million.

so theoretically it's going to take 4 more years to insure a total of 15 million people? and in the meantime, they're screwing millions out of the quality healthcare they already have . . . for 15 million people.

good work, everybody.

We are a nation increasingly celebrating generalities.  What scares the hell out of me (besides the obvious, which is that the ACA took me from being insured to currently being un-insured!) is the cost and quality of healthcare as a result of the ACA. 

Our president can tout how succesful the ACA has been with over 7 million signing up, but what is the depth of that coverage, and how much would someone with the Bronze Plan ultimately pay out in deductibles and other costs that aren't covered or addressed in the media?

How little we think about what that 7 million is getting in return for signing up.

We are a nation increasingly celebrating generalities.  What scares the hell out of me (besides the obvious, which is that the ACA took me from being insured to currently being un-insured!) is the cost and quality of healthcare as a result of the ACA. 

Our president can tout how succesful the ACA has been with over 7 million signing up, but what is the depth of that coverage, and how much would someone with the Bronze Plan ultimately pay out in deductibles and other costs that aren't covered or addressed in the media?

How little we think about what that 7 million is getting in return for signing up.

Of that 7 million, only about 1 million were previously uninsured. The other 6 million were people who had their insurance cancelled and had to buy Obamacare in order to be covered again.

Of that 7 million, only about 1 million were previously uninsured. The other 6 million were people who had their insurance cancelled and had to buy Obamacare in order to be covered again.

Not to nitpick, but using the word 'buy' assumes that these 1 million previously uninsured have purchased a health plan covered by the ACA.  Without actually buying/purchasing insurance, they're still uninsured.  Enrolled, but not necessarily insured. 

Today, Obama was touting 8 million enrolled.  Again, a celebration of generalities.