• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

I think we're finding that for every person who has benefitted from obamacare, there's an equal number that have been screwed by it. I don't see the benefit of a break even hose job pushed through on the public by a congress that had their pockets deeply lined by the plethora (El Guapo!) of lobbyists.

You obviously don't know anything about insurance if you think it is pure profit.

Also, pre Obamacare 47 out of 50 states offered guaranteed issue insurance regardless of pre existing conditions.

I guess he could have uprooted his whole life and moved to one of those states, huh?

I'm guessing he probably didn't want to do that.

I think we're finding that for every person who has benefitted from obamacare, there's an equal number that have been screwed by it. I don't see the benefit of a break even hose job pushed through on the public by a congress that had their pockets deeply lined by the plethora (El Guapo!) of lobbyists.

Agreed. But if you benefited from it what should you think? Should you not like it because others didn't benefit? Those others don't seem to give a shit that you benefited. Why should any shits be given back to them in return?

........FOX........

I always appreciate when there's a reference to Fox in these debates.  Government shutdown?  Fox.  Obamacare doesn't work?  Fox.  Benghazi?  Fox.  Biden?  Fox.  Muslim terrorists?  Fox.  Unemployment?  Fox.  Obama fumbling foreign policy?  Fox.  Nothing is ever the fault of any democrat because people watch Fox.  

Al Sharpton?  msnbc but called out by Fox.

Here's one:  My insurance provider killed my insurance plan just before the ACA went into affect.  A similar plan was offered but at double the price.  Unlike what Obama said, I therefore could not keep my doctor.  I was not watching Fox when this happened.

Here's one:  My insurance provider killed my insurance plan just before the ACA went into affect.  A similar plan was offered but at double the price.  Unlike what Obama said, I therefore could not keep my doctor.  I was not watching Fox when this happened.

you're making this up

Same here. Anthem killed the plan I had and offered me a similar one at almost double the premium. The difference is, I was allowed to keep my doctor.

I do get a free physical every year, so I suppose that's worth the extra $3000 in premiums.

A lot of people arguing the positives of the ACA do not seem to have a policy they are paying for.

It's like owning a Mercedes and telling others how good a Yugo is that they have never owned or driven, let alone sat inside. In fact, they make sure not to park next to one. But they are sure you will like it if you owned one.

Agreed. But if you benefited from it what should you think? Should you not like it because others didn't benefit? Those others don't seem to give a shit that you benefited. Why should any shits be given back to them in return?

I think if I was screwed over by obamacare, I'd be most pissed at the prez for making promises he couldn't keep, and thus deeply hurting family and my finances. I'm glad you got your insurance, but why should that come at the price of me losing mine?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

According to the OC Register, Anthem's identity protection plan it offered to customers affected by its own security breach is woefully inadequate. They're trying to cut corners again. Wow, what a surprise.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/credit-654714-bureau-monitoring.html

In the article this made no sense to me:

And no credit monitoring, regardless of the number of bureaus, will stop a criminal from using your Social Security number and other stolen data to file a tax return before you do, and collect your refund. Nor does it bar a criminal from racking up surgery bills using your medical ID number.

Wouldn't Anthem just assign you a different medical ID number to prevent fraudulent claims?

I dearly wish I would have been issued a completely new SS number after our house was broken in to last fall. I don't have any expectation that our thief will be caught, making it always possible that whoever has my number may try to use it. I have alerts with all the credit bureaus and get a monthly report, but I wish I had a new number.

In the article this made no sense to me:

And no credit monitoring, regardless of the number of bureaus, will stop a criminal from using your Social Security number and other stolen data to file a tax return before you do, and collect your refund. Nor does it bar a criminal from racking up surgery bills using your medical ID number.

Wouldn't Anthem just assign you a different medical ID number to prevent fraudulent claims?

Your question makes sense, but here seems to be a distinct lack of that over there at Anthem headquarters. They didn't even take the trouble to encrypt customers' information. Someone got into the system (inside job?) and in a matter of seconds, had the personal information of 80 million people in their hands.

I haven't heard from them yet about the free ID monitoring, so I don't know what to think at this point. I'll have to do it myself probably.

Not sure about Anthem, but assigning new member IDs is not simple.  It is an incredibly complex process that would impact many parts of the business.  You have to insure that IT systems can handle it and if they can't you have to develop test and deploy the fixes to allow it.  If we had to do it for a large group of members it would probably take more than a year to do it.  It would also cost millions of dollars... of course the $ shouldn't matter since they are the ones that screwed up.

The thing about Anthem is it affects current and former members going back several years.  My wife and I used to have Anthem insurance so we were affected.  We received the info about the free monitoring service.  By default everyone affected gets a minimum level of service.  There is an option to upgrade to a higher level of service (free of cost) that would involve disclosing more information to the monitoring service (account numbers, etc.) but we haven't opted to do that yet.

So we're not affected by the medical ID number issue but obviously our SSN and other personal information has been compromised.  We're trying to decide what to do next.

I'll probably have to call Anthem to find out why they didn't offer me the ID protection service yet. The only problem with calling is, half the time you have to wait for 30 minutes or more to get through, and then it's usually a person from the Philippines or India with a cue card in front of them.

Their customer service is some of the worst in the business.