• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

It might not be too bad for me next year. Anthem Blue Cross is estimating an average hike of 10%. I could live with that.

...And this is where the government has positioned us in this country.  We consider a 10% increase with a government mandate as a victory. 

I totally understand, fan79.  My previous insurance was working just fine.  If I could have that plan back and pay 'only' a 10% increase I'd consider that a small price to pay to have what our lying president told me I would have.

Take that 10% increase and apply to other aspects of our lives...fuel, food, car repairs, taxes, schooling.  If we were given a notice that such items were going up 10%, we'd be pissed.  My insurance went up about 90%...to a degree which I could no longer afford insurance.  I'm more than pissed.  I'm dangerously uninsured.

Such is life in the Obama era.  No wonder his approval numbers are in the toilet.  Even the blind followers have given up hope.

Actually, the cost of schooling (college) is going up at an astronomical rate, even higher than health insurance. Tuition alone at many private universities exceeds $50,000 a year. Throw in room and board, books, etc. and the student is looking at 75 grand for the year.

But that's another issue, and another scandal. That one is tied in with the government-subsidized student loan business.

When government takes control of things, costs soar.

Edited by fan_since79

Actually, the cost of schooling (college) is going up at an astronomical rate, even higher than health insurance. Tuition alone at many private universities exceeds $50,000 a year. Throw in room and board, books, etc. and the student is looking at 75 grand for the year.

But that's another issue, and another scandal. That one is tied in with the government-subsidized student loan business.

When government takes control of things, costs soar.

If student loans stop being subsidized the cost of tuition will have no choice but to fall.

Have you guys touched on the Pediatric Dental Plan attached to ACA that everyone has to pay, even if they don't have kids?

People/companies need to start switching over to self-insured policies with risk management buffers like virtual health that allow users to get care without it hitting insurance. Everyone's insurance premiums are going up 10-18% whereas companies with EAP's, etc. are seeing a decrease in their annual premiums they need to have in place because of ACA.

They already need to start doing so, or I see they are looking to acclimate so they don't hit any last minute issues. Self insured avoids the 7% tax, as well.

I'm starting to learn about captives, as they seem ideal as well. Not only are there taxes/penalties for sticking with the old standard, but companies want change and things like virtual medicine to cut rising costs.

You can still cover ACA, but you are mitigating risk while heading towards prevention opposed to reactive, which is where all the costs are in healthcare. For instance, I know the virtual medicine gig I'm doing now does an unheard of 36 point biometric that basically pinpoints what you have, but what you will have and can allow people to make changes before thinks like diabetes or heart issues come into play.

You still need the big insurance companies as 88% of claims are still poor health types, the key is to lower all your other risks and costs associated with the rest to lower overall costs.

It's not even about ACA, just managing healthcare costs within the new reform.

Another quick update from me.

First, the exchange still isn't recording the transactions we send back to them (basically they send us a transaction, we send them a confirmation back, also when we term someone for non payment we send a transaction back).  This is causing them to constantly send data over to use on members that were termed for non payment, a direct violation of the rules they set.  This also leads to the customer service reps at the Exchange to send inquiries to us on members that they shouldn't be.  As a whole their customer service staff and technical staff has no communication.

Second, they still do not have their reconciliation process built.  As you all have probably heard there are big concerns that the data being sent to the insurers is not accurate, leaving many people without coverage or with incorrect coverage.  It is 100% true, the data we get is garbage and in most cases when the exchange has system issues and sends us bad data, they are unable to reissue the correct data for these members.  They end up coming through customer service inquiries.  Anyway, they are now building their third "interim" reconciliation process.  No word on when the actual process that they originally laid out will be deployed.  These "interim" processes have cost us millions of dollars to accommodate and to this date they have not successfully held up their end.

Also, they still have not made a decision on how reenrollment/renewal will work for 2015... Open Enrollment for 2015 opens Nov 15.  We are looking at having at best four months to design and deploy for whatever requirements they give us.

By the way, someone mentioned that the govt is giving insurance companies breaks on their taxes.  Some questioned it.  Consider this:

We calculated that all of these interim processes and workarounds cost about $400 per member.  The govt providing a break allows us to not pass that on to the member through premiums.

Yeah, they sent out an "inconsistency letter" to a bunch of members requesting proof of income, etc.  Not sure exactly what will happen if they find that these members are not eligible.

As it has been the entire time, it is a huge cluster****.

Yeah, they sent out an "inconsistency letter" to a bunch of members requesting proof of income, etc.  Not sure exactly what will happen if they find that these members are not eligible.

As it has been the entire time, it is a huge cluster****.

Back when I first applied for Obamacare, Covered California wanted proof of citizenship from me. They told me my Social Security number

did not match their "records". I've had that number since I was 15 years old. Well, I sent all the documentation they requested, and last week gave them a call just to see how things were going. They haven't even gotten around to my file yet! Nobody has looked at it. At least the documents I sent are there. The young woman on the phone told me they were really behind. I sent that information seven months ago!

“The media have me in their cross-hairs,” Hillary complained, according to the friend.

“Everything I say is twisted and used against me. I can’t get any traction. They are pouncing on everything I say.”

maybe the right is treating her that way, but it seems like she is being coddled and pimped by the left. hardly a night goes by that she's not on someone's show or has a camera following her around, telling us her every move. 

i wish she would just go away.