• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

Meanwhile...I am still without health insurance (which I had before the ACA went into effect).

Today, I contacted the doctor I was once able to see in the hopes that he might have some ideas as to how I can obtain my migraine medication without it being crazy costly.  Without insurance, it will cost me close to $300 for 10 - 18 pills.  I'm hoping my old doctor has some samples around of any migraine meds.  Before the ACA, I could purchase 60 pills for $40.  I imagine the cost will only go higher as people like me subsidized the people using the ACA who pay nothing or little.

Thanks to President Obama, I am in the position where I must deal with migraines which in turn has effected my work and caused me to lose money.  Which in turn makes it impossible for me to afford health insurance.  When I feel a migraine coming on, I must determine how bad a migraine might result.  If I think it will be an 8-10 on the pain scale, I take my pill.  Otherwise, I try to get through it and take a sleeping pill as soon as I get home.

I literally count my precious migraine pills.  I am down to eight. 

$240 million would buy a lifetime of migraine meds.  My President is a major league a-hole whom I wish had to deal with my migraines with no medication.

I see a trip to Mexico in your future.

Today, I contacted the doctor I was once able to see in the hopes that he might have some ideas as to how I can obtain my migraine medication without it being crazy costly.  Without insurance, it will cost me close to $300 for 10 - 18 pills.  I'm hoping my old doctor has some samples around of any migraine meds.  Before the ACA, I could purchase 60 pills for $40.  I imagine the cost will only go higher as people like me subsidized the people using the ACA who pay nothing or little.

Thanks to President Obama, I am in the position where I must deal with migraines which in turn has effected my work and caused me to lose money.  Which in turn makes it impossible for me to afford health insurance.  When I feel a migraine coming on, I must determine how bad a migraine might result.  If I think it will be an 8-10 on the pain scale, I take my pill.  Otherwise, I try to get through it and take a sleeping pill as soon as I get home.

I literally count my precious migraine pills.  I am down to eight.

I take it these are brand name pills, not generic? 

Can your doctor prescribe for double the dosage and have you cut them in half? 

Many of those young, healthy people could end up opting out of the system and simply pay the penalty. That will put an even greater burden on the insurers. There were reports yesterday that the administration is prepared to bail out the companies (with taxpayer money, of course) to keep them afloat.

I love it when corporations use our country like a credit card

I love it when corporations use our country like a credit card

Nope.

If you read my posts you will note that most insurers don't want to participate in the exchanges.  The government is paying to keep them from dropping the coverage.

Such bullshit.

There is a commercial I hear every day on KROQ saying that now that the health care bill passed, we should insure everyone, even undocumented workers.

The culture in CA is amazing, everyone thinks they are entitled to freebies.

I loved reading all the stories of the people who actually thought Obamacare was free and were amazed when told they had to pay a premium.

i'll be honest, that was certainly my impression.

My wife and I are still on the same health care. We have Blue Cross Blue Shield. She is paying 15 dollars more per month. My prescription costs have gone up. I used to get 90 pills for $30. Now I pay $30 for 30 pills. I used to have another medicine that was $30 a month that went up to $45. I decided not to take that medicine anymore though. On the other side though my wifes birth control is now free. We were not effected a great deal, but were also in our 20s. 

BCBS is just an association of several different insurance companies like Anthem and WellPoint.  I think WP is the biggest of the BCBS companies.  BCBS is a non profit but the companies in the association are for profit.

For the most part each insurer is in a separate state, and they do not compete against each other.  The bigger ones like Wellpoint and Anthem are in multiple states.  They all have their own leadership and IT systems.

United Healthcare is the largest insurer by number of members.  Next is Well Point, Kaiser, Humana, and Aetna.

• 3 weeks later...