• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

Wasn't the target to provide insurance to 40+ million uninsured, not to kick 6 million insured people out of their private plans and force them to sign up with the government?

"if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

Wasn't the target to provide insurance to 40+ million uninsured, not to kick 6 million insured people out of their private plans and force them to sign up with the government?

This would be me.  Except,  I wasn't forced to sign up with the government...that would imply I was able to sign up.  I have not been able to sign up so I'm in insurance limbo.  The website for ACA and/or California Covered has not worked for me.  I've tried countless times.  I am a new class of un-insured:  Those who are trying to be responsible and pay for it, but cannot. 

Great system we've got ourselves into.  Thank you mssrs. Obama, Reid, Pelosi, et al.

It seems that those who did not sign up by March 31st for Obamacare are locked out until the middle of November. For many, there is no way to get health insurance until then. The market is now closed. Insurance is only available at times specified by the government. It's no longer a product that one can purchase anytime.

This is another disaster waiting to happen.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HEALTH_OVERHAUL_MARKETS_CLOSED?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-04-04-03-54-16

This would be me.  Except,  I wasn't forced to sign up with the government...that would imply I was able to sign up.  I have not been able to sign up so I'm in insurance limbo.  The website for ACA and/or California Covered has not worked for me.  I've tried countless times.  I am a new class of un-insured:  Those who are trying to be responsible and pay for it, but cannot. 

Great system we've got ourselves into.  Thank you mssrs. Obama, Reid, Pelosi, et al.

Did you try using Internet Explorer? I failed a lot for me on Chrome so I figured it was one of those shitty sites that only works the way it's supposed to on IE and that turned out to be the case for me.

How many of your doctors are refusing to accept Obamacare? 

I was sitting in the waiting room the other day while the phone kept ringing.  Obviously new patients looking for an appointment.  The second or third question asked by the receptionist was whether their insurance card said "Covered California" and when they said yes, she apologized and said their insurance was not accepted.

A doctor's office that refuses your guaranteed ability to pay sounds like a great place for a giant protest rally. Maybe even a picket line.

Has nothing to do it.  They just want to charge more than the prices agreed to with the insurers for Obamacare plans.

Has nothing to do it.  They just want to charge more than the prices agreed to with the insurers for Obamacare plans.

Do the people being required by law to sign up for this so-called insurance know that they are paying for a plan no decent doctor will accept? Is this made clear in the policy? I see another place that needs giant protest rallies. Government, insurers, and providers combine to give a triple kick to the nuts of decency. When they come to your door with torches you can't really blame them, can you?

A business person should be able to decide who to do business with.

Yes, unless you're the photographer in New Mexico who refused to put together a photo album for a same-sex wedding. The Supreme Court today declined to hear the appeal of a lower court ruling that went against the photographer.

There was also a baker who refused to bake a wedding cake for a ceremony, but I don't remember what happened in that case.

Edited by fan_since79

Do the people being required by law to sign up for this so-called insurance know that they are paying for a plan no decent doctor will accept? Is this made clear in the policy? I see another place that needs giant protest rallies. Government, insurers, and providers combine to give a triple kick to the nuts of decency. When they come to your door with torches you can't really blame them, can you?

See my many posts in this thread where I explain that Obamacare does nothing because it doesn't lower the actual cost of healthcare.  Doctors, hospitals and medical groups control the cost and they are the ones keeping it high.

See my many posts in this thread where I explain that Obamacare does nothing because it doesn't lower the actual cost of healthcare.  Doctors, hospitals and medical groups control the cost and they are the ones keeping it high.

But you are the ones selling people useless policies. You're too busy cashing the premium checks to explain that nobody will accept the coverage. It's a triad of dishonesty and profiteering.