• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2014 Ducks vs. Kings Stadium Series Game

HaloCory22

Cory and others -- thanks for the reports. Cory -- thanks for the on scene account.

Since folks say the opening ceremony was great, I hope FSN is smart enough to utilize it as a regular feature and re-play it several times.

what they could also do is couple that with that great interview on FSN (might have been all Prime Ticket back then) with Vin Scully, Chick Hearn and Bob Miller.......that must have been what? At least ten years ago if not longer..........they had all three of them together.......and I remember, you have these three LA legends together and the guy that really stood out that night (in the interview) and was praised the most by the others (even Chick Hearn, rest his soul and all, but let's face it Chick was always pretty impressed with Chick -- Scully's always had that humble and modest approach) was Bob Miller.... so an opening ceremony co-emceed by Bob Miller and Vin Scully has to be special.

just wished the Kings would have played better......they're in a bit of funk right now -- perhaps we need the break for the Olympic competition this year (remember four years ago, the break didn't do the Kings any favors - it sort of de-railed some winning streak momentum they had going into the break).

Again, thanks, Cory and others - the Dodger Stadium game will truly go down as a historic first in S. Cal hockey.

I was most skeptic about the sight lines, but will take Cory's word for it. The game was fun to watch on TV and my father-in-law who doesn't watch hockey also enjoyed the game. My guess is the Sharks next year at ATT Park. Since the NHL pulled off a game even in high temperatures, this opens up the Stadium Series to just about any city in the US.

Cory and others -- thanks for the reports. Cory -- thanks for the on scene account.

Since folks say the opening ceremony was great, I hope FSN is smart enough to utilize it as a regular feature and re-play it several times.

what they could also do is couple that with that great interview on FSN (might have been all Prime Ticket back then) with Vin Scully, Chick Hearn and Bob Miller.......that must have been what? At least ten years ago if not longer..........they had all three of them together.......and I remember, you have these three LA legends together and the guy that really stood out that night (in the interview) and was praised the most by the others (even Chick Hearn, rest his soul and all, but let's face it Chick was always pretty impressed with Chick -- Scully's always had that humble and modest approach) was Bob Miller.... so an opening ceremony co-emceed by Bob Miller and Vin Scully has to be special.

just wished the Kings would have played better......they're in a bit of funk right now -- perhaps we need the break for the Olympic competition this year (remember four years ago, the break didn't do the Kings any favors - it sort of de-railed some winning streak momentum they had going into the break).

Again, thanks, Cory and others - the Dodger Stadium game will truly go down as a historic first in S. Cal hockey.

Problem is, it wasn't on Fox.  It was on NBC's premium sports channel.  

Rose Bowl would be awesome, but doubt it will happen anytime soon. Selling 55K tickets for Dodgers stadium seemed like a tall order. But with the Rose Bowl, you are looking at 90K+ seats to be sold. As much as I personally love hockey, doubt the West Coast fan base will fill those seats. NHL pulled off a 100K sellout at Ann Arbor, but that was with Leafs vs Wings, two well traveled teams close to their homes.

The Rose Bowl is the perfect venue for an outdoor hockey event. However, if Gary Bettman allows Five for Fighting to play a song at an NHL game ever again I will cut his heart out with a spoon.

Why a spoon? Because it's dull you twit. It will hurt more.

I at least understood Kiss, but not Five for Fighting.

Seems weird in LA that this was the best they could do.

Rose Bowl would be awesome, but doubt it will happen anytime soon. Selling 55K tickets for Dodgers stadium seemed like a tall order. But with the Rose Bowl, you are looking at 90K+ seats to be sold. As much as I personally love hockey, doubt the West Coast fan base will fill those seats. NHL pulled off a 100K sellout at Ann Arbor, but that was with Leafs vs Wings, two well traveled teams close to their homes.

This one sold out pretty quickly, or at least was never in doubt. I think they could do it. The event just really picked up steam with interest and intrigue. I'm a hockey fan, but even I was sold on the hype and cleared my schedule to watch.

• 1 month later...

Agree Cory. Fleury's mask is also pretty cool. Too bad Crawford's mask is missing. How can the equipment manager lose the goalie mask?!

But this snow is relentless. Seems like every 10 minutes they are shoveling 3 inches of snow off the ice. Puck just isn't moving. Good luck on icing calls.