• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Religion of Peace

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

The end result was pretty cool. 

I'm wondering if it was a self det, or they really did hit it.  I think in the movies explosives do that, but a regular bullet?  Unless they were using regular TNT.  

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I'm wondering if it was a self det, or they really did hit it.  I think in the movies explosives do that, but a regular bullet?  Unless they were using regular TNT.  

i'm guessing it had to be filled with a sizable amount of explosives to do any kind of meaningful damage to a 300 ft. long cargo ship, so a well-placed shot should be able to make it go boom like that, according to my poorly trained eye and enormous lack of experience. 

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor Swift shows in Vienna canceled over alleged planned terrorist attack

Organizers have canceled three Taylor Swift concerts in Austria after authorities said they foiled a terror attack planned for the Vienna leg of her blockbuster Eras tour.

The extraordinary decision – which could come at significant cost to Vienna’s businesses – has devastated fans and renewed focus on the vulnerability of huge concerts as soft targets for terror networks and spree killers.

Swift was scheduled to play three shows in the European city from Thursday to Saturday – which have all been canceled, according to Barracuda Music, the promoter for her concerts in Austria.

Austrian investigators unearthed chemicals at the house of the main suspect. Police earlier announced that suspects had taken “concrete preparatory measures” for a terror attack.

Explosive devices and detonators were found at the home of the 19-year-old, as well as extensive ISIS propaganda material, 21,000 euros in counterfeit money, machetes, knives and anabolic steroids, Ruf said in the presser.

In a post on X, Austrian Chancellor Karl Nehammer called the cancellation a “bitter disappointment for all fans in Austria” but said a tragedy had been prevented.

“We live in a time in which violent means are being used to attack our Western way of life,” he said. “Islamist terrorism threatens security and freedom in many Western countries. This is precisely why we will not give up our values such as freedom and democracy, but will defend them even more vehemently.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/07/entertainment/taylor-swift-concert-vienna-arrests/index.html

17 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Do you enjoy the neighbors dog crapping in your yard ?

I value my property so no. I suppose if I were a flag guy and someone stole it and damaged it I'd be pretty pissed to be out $20

3 hours ago, Adam said:

I value my property so no. I suppose if I were a flag guy and someone stole it and damaged it I'd be pretty pissed to be out $20

Yes, I view it as disrespectful behavior but not a crime. Of course, I believe in a man’s right to use racial slurs as well.